Front facing camera not working correctly

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

When using Skype, my front camera sometimes has great low light performance, but half of the time even in well lit rooms the picture is basically black, just a little contrast.

After rebooting things are back to normal. Anybody else having the same issues? Seems to be a driver issue, or do you think it is a hardware one of my new Surface 2?

Thanks

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had numerous issues with the front facing camera's on both the L920 and L1020. When using Skype from phone to phone they would work great, but when using Skype from phone to desktop the picture from my FFC is scrambled. I assumed this was a Skype issue and I have been waiting for a fix.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your answer, but I have the same issues with the Windows camera app itself. Back camera seems to work always, front auto adjust works only sometimes.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

When using Skype, my front camera sometimes has great low light performance, but half of the time even in well lit rooms the picture is basically black, just a little contrast.

After rebooting things are back to normal. Anybody else having the same issues? Seems to be a driver issue, or do you think it is a hardware one of my new Surface 2?

Thanks

Same thing here. Sometimes my front facing camera is so dark it is unusable. A reboot fixes it. I hope this is software and not hardware.

Do you have the rattling/loose volume rocker button issue too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle