Games app not signing in

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
When I open the Xbox 🎮 Games app it will pull up all my games and I can play them fine so far, however the rest of the actual app will not sign in (the social section or the spotlight).

I have tried restarting phone several times, and a soft reset to no avail. Anyone experienced this or have a fix?

Lumia 830 (4 days new)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings /email+accounts and make sure your Microsoft account is up to date by long pressing your account and tap "sync"

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried it but didn't work. This is weird, all of my Microsoft account stuff seems fine everywhere, just that app, which works on 1/3 of the app.

The social page even asks if you have an Xbox account to join or sign in, which does nothing if you press it. However if you press on the question "Already have an Xbox account?", it brings you to an info Xbox website and gives instructions on how to change your Microsoft account associated with your Xbox on the Xbox 360 (very random), no instructions on Xbox one which I have.

spacesda

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I created an app password and entered it into my Xbox 360 account and also on my old HTC windows phone 7 windows live account. This completed my troubleshooting process. The account and privacy icons activated on my Xbox dashboard, and I could see my avatar signed in on the Xbox game hub. I've been trying to find a way to enter my app password on my Lumia 928 without hard resetting it, but I haven't found a solution. There is not an option to edit my current password under email and accounts - Microsoft account. Hopefully they put out a fix to allow us to log into the game hub using 8.1. A hard reset might work using an app password, but I haven't tried that yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs