Gaming experience - High hardware ( cpu and gpu ) needed

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
---Future Devices new hardware---

Okay let me begin fresh some people didn't know what i was reaching for -_-

First of all im a wp ****** so by saying tht ofc we dont need new hardware but im not blind the majority will soon have High lvl cpus and gpus (thts how Game companies work if u didnt know tht well now u do)

Basically what happens Game companies give everyone else the finger ( which i already experience on PC ) so what do we need ? High lvl hardware

Now first of all i know we support up to 64 cores (kernel) but tht doesn't help if we dont have the software!! Its same thing with onboard storage why aren't there any wp8 phones with 64 gb storage ? And again we dont have the software ;)

Now as you can see this is a new thread i just jumped in on thee old one and im sorry but fanboyism is not cool im a ****** too but damn im not blind :)

So to the point Microsoft should also be looking at specs soon because when u look at the majority you will see tht alot already have high lvl devices now whats the point im trying to make, Game companies are gonna forget low lvl phones they wil only focus on duel core and above not sure about the our gpus which is the adreno 225 gona have too look it up

So far we dont have to worry those with a 1.5 duel core/225 adreno gpu which is fine for noww ! --unsure about gpu--
But we need new hardware i hope blue update corrects this:/

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay let me begin fresh some people didn't know what i was reaching for -_-

First of all im a wp ****** so by saying tht ofc we dont need new hardware but im not blind the majority will soon have High lvl cpus and gpus (thts how Game companies work if u didnt know tht well now u do)

Basically what happens Game companies give everyone else the finger ( which i already experience on PC ) so what do we need ? High lvl hardware

Now first of all i know we support up to 64 cores (kernel) but tht doesn't help if we dont have the software!! Its same thing with onboard storage why aren't there any wp8 phones with 64 gb storage ? And again we dont have the software ;)

Now as you can see this is a new thread i just jumped in on thee old one and im sorry but fanboyism is not cool im a ****** too but damn im not blind :)

So to the point Microsoft should also ve looking at specs soon because when u look at the majority you will see tht alot have already high lvl devices now whats the point im trying to make, Game companies are gonna forget low lvl phones they wil only focus on duel core and above

So far we dont have to worry those with a 1.5 duel core is fine fir noww !
But we need new hardware i hope blue update corrects this:/

Dude , developers are showing arrogance towards this platform , that's all.

Current hardware can run awesome games but its just the fact that devs are badly writing these games

I agree with storage part

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Dude , developers are showing arrogance towards this platform , that's all.

Current hardware can run awesome games but its just the fact that devs are badly writing these games

I agree with storage part

lool im talking about future and read agian i forgot about gpus :) i quickly edited it :)

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Mainly the thread is also about me upgrading next year October and then hopefully new phones(high end) should be rocking at least a quad core i mean really -.- lol why must i buy ia high end phone which is still rocking a fkn duel core tht would just insane or is it just me ??

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Noone that has commented before is a ******. We were making a great discussion.
On topic, phones with quad cores are great! Who doesn't want more power? Also, a better gpu will be great! However, i have yet to see a game that requires a 4 cores. Additionally, noone should forget the fact that optimization is important.
Look at the current game consoles. They did pretty well. Now the next generation consoles will be great, no doubt about that. Yet PCs which are now available are better than the next gen consoles. However developers do not optimize the games as much as they do on the consoles.
The same thing can happen with the phones. But until then I cannot find a game that requires 4 cores. If the only reason you want to have a phone that has a quad core is to say that your phone has a quad core, trust me this will eventually happen.
Nokia will not stay behind in terms of technology just because people believe that more is better.
The quad core phones will come but as of now quad core is not that important for gaming unless it can be shown that the games do require them.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Noone that has commented before is a ******. We were making a great discussion.
On topic, phones with quad cores are great! Who doesn't want more power? Also, a better gpu will be great! However, i have yet to see a game that requires a 4 cores. Additionally, noone should forget the fact that optimization is important.
Look at the current game consoles. They did pretty well. Now the next generation consoles will be great, no doubt about that. Yet PCs which are now available are better than the next gen consoles. However developers do not optimize the games as much as they do on the consoles.
The same thing can happen with the phones. But until then I cannot find a game that requires 4 cores. If the only reason you want to have a phone that has a quad core is to say that your phone has a quad core, trust me this will eventually happen.
Nokia will not stay behind in terms of technology just because people believe that more is better.
The quad core phones will come but as of now quad core is not that important for gaming unless it can be shown that the games do require them.

Yes we dont
need them now its actually a relief but i just hope i do have the option of getting a quad core phone i mean what would be the point of upgrading? XD LOLZ. And yess developers must also start to focus we get cool games and then just get a lagging moment :|

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
If your worry is about upgrading then you should look at more than just the processor. I believe there will be quad cores until the end of the year and you will be fine.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There are threads that exist on this exact same issue, and the discussions there went deeper than I will bother to here. Game developers aren't targeting the latest 4+4 Exynos Samsung is putting out, because there are hundreds of millions of other phones out there. Current Windows Phones have no reason not to get decent games (excepting the 8S and similar, 4GB of storage is a crime). Majority of current problems do not seem to be caused by bad hardware, but rather by bad ports, lack of OpenGL or issues with the cross-platform frameworks on Windows Phone.

Windows Phone hardware will improve as the chassis gets bumped every year. Samsung only bumps their Galaxy S chassis once a year too. When that bump happens, you could probably argue that Microsoft should aim to go slightly better (picking up the S4 Pro last holidays would have been great, for example).

Who is giving you the finger in the PC industry? My laptop's got crummy graphics (roughly equivalent to HD3000) and I've got a 2007 processor in my desktop, and I get by. Games which aim to push the envelope can be too intensive for the laptop, but by no means represent the entirety of the gaming experience. When you're selling a $0.99 game, reach matters even more.

tungha

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
the point here i think is the lack of supporting OpenGL ES like iOS & Android, MS uses their own direct-X and may be lots of developers don't really like this

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Heck, most games on PC do not support more than dual cores. The only reason it even gives somewhat of a bump to go to quad on the desktop is that the OS and other running applications have some resources to play with as well. When you look at lets say the 6 core and higher CPU's on PC for gaming, there's no benefit in them. Games are simply not optimized to take advantage and a lot is handled on the GPU now of days, though MMO's are still fairly reliant on a decent CPU because of what's all going on usually.

Honestly the same applies back to the mobile sector. How many Android handsets have quad core in them? If you are thinking the GS3, that's only the international version, the NA version was only dual core. The GS4 brought on the QC for all regions. The Nokia 92X series have the Ardeno 225 GPU as you mentioned, the same as in the GS3. The biggest reason Samsung had to go to tricore (OMG IT'S NOT A QUAD CORE GPU! KILL SAMSUNG) in the GS4 is because of the 1080P graphics the system sports. The CPU being QC is just fluff as it is and helps make the system non-laggy. Take a big look over to Apple with the Dual Core A6 running in the iPhone 5 and you can clearly see that QC is not really useful for gaming. The reason Apple includes a quad core variant GPU (NOT CPU) in the iPad 3 and 4 is because of the high resolution depending more GPU power. Games look great on it. Same will come in time with WP8, just need more mobile developers to stop making half *** ports of their games.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Heck, most games on PC do not support more than dual cores. The only reason it even gives somewhat of a bump to go to quad on the desktop is that the OS and other running applications have some resources to play with as well. When you look at lets say the 6 core and higher CPU's on PC for gaming, there's no benefit in them. Games are simply not optimized to take advantage and a lot is handled on the GPU now of days, though MMO's are still fairly reliant on a decent CPU because of what's all going on usually.

Honestly the same applies back to the mobile sector. How many Android handsets have quad core in them? If you are thinking the GS3, that's only the international version, the NA version was only dual core. The GS4 brought on the QC for all regions. The Nokia 92X series have the Ardeno 225 GPU as you mentioned, the same as in the GS3. The biggest reason Samsung had to go to tricore (OMG IT'S NOT A QUAD CORE GPU! KILL SAMSUNG) in the GS4 is because of the 1080P graphics the system sports. The CPU being QC is just fluff as it is and helps make the system non-laggy. Take a big look over to Apple with the Dual Core A6 running in the iPhone 5 and you can clearly see that QC is not really useful for gaming. The reason Apple includes a quad core variant GPU (NOT CPU) in the iPad 3 and 4 is because of the high resolution depending more GPU power. Games look great on it. Same will come in time with WP8, just need more mobile developers to stop making half *** ports of their games.

This! The only things that really use all cores on a PC are (well, apart from servers) video cutting software and all kinds of encoders. The rest doesn't really benefit from more cores at all

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
With the new game consoles coming there will be more games that will require more cores. The point is that having more cores does not mean it will always be better unless they are utilised. Until now there is probably no game on the market that requires more than two cores on phones.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
With the new game consoles coming there will be more games that will require more cores. The point is that having more cores does not mean it will always be better unless they are utilised. Until now there is probably no game on the market that requires more than two cores on phones.

And it will still take time to get those systems utilized properly, years probably. It depends on what really needs the CPU vs the GPU. Any serious gamer won't go for less than quad on a desktop for sure, but in the broad scheme of things, dual core is still extremely common place in the PC market.

Not to mention game consoles are a fixed set of hardware unlike PC's, so it's easy to optimize for them, you have a steady 8 cores there, where PC's could have single to 16 core (I'm referencing an Operton CPU here). Until Quad core and above becomes common place on the PC side, games will still fall behind in optimization at least there. Though would not be surprising to see QC become mainstream in PC and start having 6 or 8 core become enthusiast in the current price range an Ivy Bridge 3770K is. Intel is still reserving the 8 core's for Xeon CPU's, and 6 core for very high end consumer. Maybe with the consoles pushing 8core AMD's, Intel might start bringing in 8 core in a more affordable package. Although I realize the 8core is the whole module thing and maybe that's why Intel hasn't made a move yet for 8Core on the cheap.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I remember playing Batman Arkham City and it had to install something to make use of two cores (!). That game has pretty good physics and it goes to show that yes there will be some time until the developers will make use of 4 or more cores. They have the power but until now not many need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124