GDR2 instead of W10M TP?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So last night decided to hard reset my phone then install Windows Insider to try W10M TP,decided to go for slow ring to get more stable updates. So an update appeared,but it was GDR2,not W10M TP,am i doing something wrong?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I want to say it always happens, but I'm not sure if it happened to me the last time I did it (it did the OTHER time).
Anyways, that's normal. Just check for updates and you'll have build 166 ready to download.
If you did a hard reset, you'll need to redownload and re-setup the Windows Insider app, and then check for updates.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
If you hard reset in 8.1 before you install windows insider and select slow ring you get GDR 2. Then you have to open windows insider select slow again and then you will get 10166, same goes fpr every build after that , but I believe to get 10512 you have to be fast ring. I will say though I took this method and hard reset onGDR 2 as well because I noticed if you force the update the way I mentioned it's alot of lag and loading issues , when you hard reset gdr 2 it will auto send you the update rather then forcing it via insider app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos