GDR3 battery life improvement (or a bug?)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So as somebody who claimed to have worse battery life with GDR3 on his 928 I have found out why...

Somehow I managed to enable the "Use cellular data for limited Wi-Fi connectivity" option. Ever since I disabled that, battery life has been ridiculously incredible! Typical use would leave me dead by the time school ended (7am-4pm) but now I can go all day in school plus work (now 7am-10pm) with 40% battery life when I get home! It's awesome!

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So as somebody who claimed to have worse battery life with GDR3 on his 928 I have found out why...

Somehow I managed to enable the "Use cellular data for limited Wi-Fi connectivity" option. Ever since I disabled that, battery life has been ridiculously incredible! Typical use would leave me dead by the time school ended (7am-4pm) but now I can go all day in school plus work (now 7am-10pm) with 40% battery life when I get home! It's awesome!

where can we find that option?

oranje

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Initially had some issues with my battery life but resolved (email was constantly syncing, removed account and added anew) and I'm now finding it difficult to discharge my battery (Lumia 920). I'm at 74% after about 10 hours (from 100%) with 3G constantly on, glance screen and double tap to wake. Emails syncing every 15mins! This is great!

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
ah dammit, no such option on my 8x ofcourse.
Only have set or do not set background activities limits

weird, this option is disappeared after a factory reset. But now i have datasense available..wp It's getting weirder.

Edit: this option can now be found within datasense

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Except the idle state battery improvement can anyone that is suffering from an overheating/massive battery consumption (~20%) after 20 mins of gaming say that this is fixed with GDR3??

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Except the idle state battery improvement can anyone that is suffering from an overheating/massive battery consumption (~20%) after 20 mins of gaming say that this is fixed with GDR3??

Yes, I do notice that gaming is not a power a hog like it used to be. Still, gaming does use battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial