GDR3 Developer Preview Bug List

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
okay so right now i'm worried.
I installed GDR3 and everything was going good. everything, that is, except the battery. I went from 100% to 10% in 4 hours by just browsing the web. Now obviously that can't work. So i did a hard reset. Everything went fine. Re=installed all my apps and rearranged the tiles. I then went to change the glance background and that's when i realized i can't.
GDR3 was installed, but Amber wasn't.
Now I've been checking for updates for a few hours now and it won't seem to find it. I am worried to say the least. I got this phone off ebay so there is no warranty. Has anyone encountered this? Can anyone give me any help?

I think I have the same problem as you.
Can't see the Amber update listed under E & Info though the GDR 3 is the OS in the 'About' section.

Shivam Singh

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
GDR 3 on Lumia 920.
I have set the autoroate screen to Off, and locked the current orientation to portrait mode.
Now when i go to settings->system>about
the screen changes to landscape/portrait mode depending upon how you hold it. (even though its still locked). i have observed this behavior only in "about" screen so far

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My Angry Birds game will not start now after the update... it will reach me till the icon with PLAY and will close and hangs my phone for sometimes and then tried to resume the game and will do the same things.... AAAAGGGG Angry !!!!!!!!

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Screen doesn't turn off during call must have to click the power button to turn off the screen. After restarting phone screen works fort only one call after one call the same issue arises.

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The store doesn't show the updated app the day it releases it shows notifications after 3-5 days or may be week. There should be options to check for update apps in store to check manually also

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Auto rotate shouldn't affect the pictures opened from the gallery [ off course , im not talking about gallery only opened pic]. so that user can see the big picture upon rotating screen.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think this update has totally screwed my phone.
I have email accounts that won't sync and my profile and messages no longer sync.
This seems to of happened after a hard reset.
My advice, Don't Hard Reset!!

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't make your decision off this thread. Many of these reported bugs are not universal. This is a very stable update, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. I haven't had any issues or come across any "bugs" whatsoever with this "dev preview" GDR3 update on my 1020. I love this phone more and more... with each update it just gets better and better! Everything is working perfectly!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Internet connectivity have been made a disaster on my L1020. I notice IE can't connect, search button is having issues with Bing to connect. I would guess all problems with apps is not incompatibility, its just something with internet that's been screw'd.
I listend to Paul Thurrott and thought it to be rather safe. Been on the fence to upgrade. So far in regret it.
Not one single connectivity issue here on my 1020. If anything, my signal reception has been even better than it was before. Of course I'm in a heavily populated AT&T LTE region (always showing at least 4-5 bars of LTE and get 35-40 Mbps data download speeds).

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
OK, I've had NO problems with the GDR3 preview on my phone, however ...
- on install, the phone rebooted, then I did a reboot, also
- Connectivity issues - took me a day (after GDR2) to realize the WiFi settings got changed - check for "stay connected" in WiFi
- Battery seems to be better, but ...
- Wireless charging pad -seems to behave differently, phone continues to wake up ... bears watching
- Those who took GDR3 w/o GDR2 - you'll need to flash your phone (use NSU) to GDR2, then try GDR3 (or just stay w GDR2)

I like the updates brought w GDR3, would NOT go back - but I don't use WhatsApp or Line which seem to have issues - my apps ALL seem to work, though as of this writing, I haven't tried Angry Birds ...

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The store doesn't show the updated app the day it releases it shows notifications after 3-5 days or may be week. There should be options to check for update apps in store to check manually also

If you have some apps that you would like to check for updates on a daily basis, you can always install SysApp Pusher. In that app, you have all the brand apps (Nokia, Samsung, HTC) but you can also add your own apps so with one press of a button, it will check for you.

If you really want to, you could add all your apps!

Just to give you an idea: The store on my phone checks everyday at around 6h00 AM. So any apps that becomes available after that time, I will get the tile update the next day. For me 6tag (since he brings a lot of updates with cool new features) I added that app into SysApp Pusher. Now this morning I've ran that app and sure enough the 6tag ver.2.0 is out...downloading now!!!

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I have the same problem as you.
Can't see the Amber update listed under E & Info though the GDR 3 is the OS in the 'About' section.

update the "extra-info" app from Nokia and will show you the amber update, to get all functionality of amber you must to update all Nokia apps! :D I hope this help

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My mom sent me a picture, and when I open the thread in messaging with her, the app crashes. Idk why. I tried soft resetting and doing nokia storage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria