Get NoDo RIGHT NOW!!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
guys there is an issue... I just compared the Firmware and Radio revision numbers for a "non-updated" device and a "forced NoDo-ed" device and they are the same, which means forcing this update will literally only get you the OS alone, no carrier revisions to the Radio Firmware or OEM revisions to the Firmware; so in short if you have an HD7 you'll still have the "pink camera/photo" issue after the update, I'm not entirely sure what AT&T is adding to the Focus, Quantum and Surround but since it's still in testing that one might obviously be incomplete so once you update, I'm not entirely sure (apart from hacking and downgrading) how you would end up getting the OEM and carrier optimizations...

EDIT: OK... cancel that... I just checked an "officially updated" NoDo HD7 and that info is the same... I wonder how we can tell... can anyone with an HD7 that forced it confirm by shooting a pic of a white surface? lol

Last edited:

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There aren't multiple NoDo updates for different OEMs. The one NoDo update has updates for all OEMs if they actually submitted them to get packaged for NoDo. For example, if there is a firmware update for the HTC Surround in the NoDo, that firmware update will only run if the device is a Surround. On a Focus, the firmware update will know that its not need and just not run and NoDo continues doing its thing.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There aren't multiple NoDo updates for different OEMs. The one NoDo update has updates for all OEMs if they actually submitted them to get packaged for NoDo. For example, if there is a firmware update for the HTC Surround in the NoDo, that firmware update will only run if the device is a Surround. On a Focus, the firmware update will know that its not need and just not run and NoDo continues doing its thing.

while that sounds pleasing... Would you mind stating how you know this?

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
while that sounds pleasing... Would you mind stating how you know this?

I heard a podcast interview a while back with on of the lead WP7 developers from Microsoft. I think it was Brandon Watson, but I could be wrong. Anyway, they were describing the process of how they receive the OEMs firmware updates that they would like to include in a update. He talked about how they have to package the OEM's firmware updates with the WP7 updates (i.e. NoDo). Also talked about How they had to test and make sure firmware update didn't causes any issues with the package as a whole. This is also makes sense of how joe belfiore explained how WP7 process differs from Android. So thats what I base my previous statement on. I also a System Engineer working with large enterprise systems. We do this all the time when engineering updates and software package deliveries. One line of code or command to query the system class and read the product name or hardware vendor. Then based on what it returns, determines whether or not that specific firmware update runs. Microsoft does this all the time with its desktop updates. They can string together several updates into one package. Also with the update model that Microsoft is using with WP7, its more effecient and easier to manage this way. Also, think about what we have been doing over the last week with the workaround. If there were different packages for each OEM device based on firmware, then debranding would have been a mute point. There are other examples I could give but I will leave it there.

topleya

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This has not worked at all. I'm using a branded Samsung Onmnia 7 on T-Mobile UK. I haven't recieved the pre-update either.

Can someone help me out a little bit please.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Works perfectly.

AT&T Samsung Focus in Hunstville, AL.

Cleared my music from the phone - so I had 4.3 GB of space available on the phone. Then used Chevronwp7 to unlock, used another tool to sideload Samsung Registry Editor xap, then unbranded using Samsung Registry Editor. Zune immediately found pre-NoDo update. Update process was flawless. Getting the NoDo update to show up took a couple tries, but once found it also proceded flawlessly.

Samsung Registry editor no longer functions afterwards and a message appears saying it has been revoked by MS, please uninstall.

I have been using the phone heavily all day and everything is normal. Still have access to AT&T apps, all phone features work normally. Significant speed improvements in loading many games, and resuming apps from lock screen (those that don't "run under lock"). Marketplace crash appears to be resolved. Marketplace filters based on the category you're in. C&P isn't the PITA to use that iPhone's is, but only certain read-only text is selectable. You can copy from web pages in IE, but you can't copy something like an existing facebook comment.

So, not necessarily something you have to rush out and get, but also not a major hassle to get early either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66