Getting this error - Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows

amits1024

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
I have genuine Windows 10 pro and I even have a product key as well, but from last 2-3 days, I am getting the error - "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows"

I went to settings & even entered the product key, but even that didn't work and that error still keeps coming

Can anyone here tell how to remove it

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I know that there was an error with MS servers registering Pro keys. I don't know if it has been resolved. That could be your issue. In that case the solution is simply to wait it out. The next update should be around the corner.

There is sth you can try, but it's a long shot:

Log out of your MS account. Use a generic key to switch over. Then insert your valid key once again. Hopefully this let's the servers realize that you have a valid key.

Generic keys: https://winaero.com/blog/generic-key-to-install-windows-10-rtm/

razorwir3

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've had a digitally licensed and activated copy of Windows 10 Pro that for some unknown reason lost it's activation a few weeks ago and starting requesting activation again, but failed on each attempt to reactivate. I contacted Microsoft over web chat and they logged in to my laptop remotely and fixed the problem in less than 30 minutes. They never could tell me why the problem started in the first place however. I'm not fussed though as they fixed it free of charge.

razorwir3

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
:) Fortunately they fixed it, properly, as I was watching their every move while they were logged in via remote desktop so as to make sure they actually activated the license key and not do the very thing you're suggesting. Because of course I'm going to just shut my eyes and trust Microsoft blindly to do the right thing on my precious baby.. *gently tickles the touchpad with index finger lovingly and somewhat disturbingly sexually* ... My prrrreeccciioouuss... !

EduardoSoares

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
:) Fortunately they fixed it, properly, as I was watching their every move while they were logged in via remote desktop so as to make sure they actually activated the license key and not do the very thing you're suggesting. Because of course I'm going to just shut my eyes and trust Microsoft blindly to do the right thing on my precious baby.. *gently tickles the touchpad with index finger lovingly and somewhat disturbingly sexually* ... My prrrreeccciioouuss... !

Hello razorwir3, I have this same problem and I couldn't fix it yet. Could you tell me what Microsoft did on your PC to fix the problem so I can try to do on mine?

Thanks in advance

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello razorwir3, I have this same problem and I couldn't fix it yet. Could you tell me what Microsoft did on your PC to fix the problem so I can try to do on mine?

Thanks in advance

He actually stated what they did :)

:) Fortunately they fixed it, properly, as I was watching their every move while they were logged in via remote desktop so as to make sure they actually activated the license key

amits1024

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I know that there was an error with MS servers registering Pro keys. I don't know if it has been resolved. That could be your issue. In that case the solution is simply to wait it out. The next update should be around the corner.

There is sth you can try, but it's a long shot:

Log out of your MS account. Use a generic key to switch over. Then insert your valid key once again. Hopefully this let's the servers realize that you have a valid key.

Generic keys: https://winaero.com/blog/generic-key-to-install-windows-10-rtm/

No changes after the next update which I got. It still keep coming

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel