Ghosting on 1020 Screen

mjenabi2

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

can 1020 owners give their phones a check, i get terrible ghosting effects when i scroll black text on white background. does anyone else have this issue?

yly3

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just saw what you're saying on a white background phone in the Microsoft Store (!) 1020... But those units are like powered nonstop

sjgore

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've noticed it in IE when scrolling webpages. It's like the text doubles in thickness, and returns to normal when the scrolling stops. Haven't noticed it anywhere else, and it definitely doesn't do it in emails when scrolling black text on a white background. I just assumed it was a "feature" of IE, to be honest.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If your talking about text blurring while scrolling, this is what happens on AMOLED's. Its not a software issue. Ghosting could mean a lot of things, so if you mean something other than what I just mentioned, you'll have to expand on what you mean.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Definitely noticed this. The red Bing News tile on a white background leaves behind a 1-2 mm wide pink 'ghost' right under the tile while scrolling the start screen. Seems to suggest that it takes a while to start the green and blue pixels. It's not a pretty look! Love the display otherwise, and being able to leave glance on all day is pretty nice. Wouldn't do that on a 920..

mjenabi2

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
hmm on mine it's most noticeable on the official twitter app. it's actually quite annoying. i dunno if i should contact nokia to see if this is normal or not

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
A moderate amount is definitely normal on any OLED screen. Remember that each pixel, for the most part, is it's own LED light. These lights have a delay when turning on and off, and it will be most noticeable when changing from very bright to very dark colors, or dark to bright. My girlfriend has had the Lumia 822 and 928 and I have the 1020, all of which encounter a moderate amount of this.

If it is very unbearably noticeable, it may be something wrong though. Try playing some games or watching videos and see if you notice it. If not, then it is likely the normal case I described.

EDIT: It was also slightly noticeable on my 808, though I believe it was less, possibly due to the lower resolution.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe MS could update WP8 to anticipate necessary pixel turn-on during scroll, and turn them on or off a little early depending on the type of display used. Or maybe that would introduce other artifacts.

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Its normal as far as I can tell due to the OLED screen. I noticed this immediately after switching from my 920 which did not have this issue.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melvas66