Glance screen problem

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
My brother updated his Lumia 720 with windows phone 8.1. He had a problem with the glance screen, the notification below the clock is not showing. What to do?

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Glance is not working properly for me either. I actually tried to uninstall it as I couldn't open the app, and although it disappeared from the list of apps, the glance background is still there and active. I now have no way of accessing the app, and when I try to re-install it, it says it's already installed. Thankfully I like the settings as they are, but it would be nice to be able to access them in case I want to change them in future...

Arun PR

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
notifications don't show up in glance screen for L620 too, after 8.1 update.. :straight::straight::straight::straight:

JSax1

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
You could try to reinstall glance.

1. Change your phone date 100 years forward.
2. Open the glance settings. It will tell you that there was a problem with the app, and it will let you uninstall it.
3. Install SysApp Pusher and reinstall glance from there.

Remember to change the date back afterwards.

Thank you! Not only did this work for me, but I'm also seeing the last text message that I've received on my Glance screen, as well! It never did this before. (I have Messaging set to display detailed status on my Lock Screen.)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Glance is not working properly for me either. I actually tried to uninstall it as I couldn't open the app, and although it disappeared from the list of apps, the glance background is still there and active. I now have no way of accessing the app, and when I try to re-install it, it says it's already installed. Thankfully I like the settings as they are, but it would be nice to be able to access them in case I want to change them in future...

I ran into the same problem by uninstalling. You can fix by hard resetting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz