Good read / Interview with a MS Exec about WP7

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
IMO they need to push out these updates ASAP in order to build further positive buzz about the platform. The expansion of APIs for developers is also critical, or else we won't see Pandora, Skype, or multi-client IM apps jumping onboard to the marketplace. Here's to hoping MS engineers have a busy 2011 pushing things out

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Haha. It's good to know that people read my posts. :p
I think that an update in the next 30 days should keep the momentum up, and although I don't know if we will see an API update in that release, we should see it in the next 90 days. Completely off topic. Sorry!

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think we will see a big jump when WP7 gains CDMA support. That really should have been priority #1. I have been dying here waiting for WP7 on Sprint. It can't come soon enough.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I agree with that. Most of my coworkers are on Verizon, and the only real option that they have is Android. They hate it, and I don't blame them.

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
We should get that first update the day of CES I say, so the 5th, then they can show and talk about WP7 on Verizon at the keynote later that day. It makes the best marketing sense to do so.

Then have something else ready for Feb to talk about at MWC and maybe release. MS knows they need to keep it going and frequent updates keeps WP7 in the news.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
We should get that first update the day of CES I say, so the 5th, then they can show and talk about WP7 on Verizon at the keynote later that day. It makes the best marketing sense to do so.

Then have something else ready for Feb to talk about at MWC and maybe release. MS knows they need to keep it going and frequent updates keeps WP7 in the news.

That's what I was hoping for. At this point I'm going so start getting excited about press conference announcements regarding my phone almost as much as those regarding my Xbox.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
iamnabil=Surur?
i thought it was a good read. every morning with i get to work i check up on wpcentral, wmpoweruser and xda.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Red Grenadine quoted me almost word for word from another post on these forums.

That said, if WPCentral, or WMPoweruser, would like a new writer, I would love a chance to. I used to write for the largest iPhone blog in Canada, and miss doing things like that.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us

I agree with this timeline. Like them or hate them, Microsoft knows how to sell things. They knew that letting people beta test Office 2010, or Windows 7, would increase sales. Windows 7 has sold so many units that it almost hurts my brain to think about it. Office 2010 is the same. It's because they have kept it in the news, and near the front of people's minds.

I am a network engineer, but most of my friends are auto mechanics or farmers. Not exactly tech savy folks. They all know what an iPhone is, and sorta know what a Droid is, although they couldn't tell you what makes a Droid a Droid. When I told them that I got a new phone, they all knew, almost instantly, what Windows Phone 7 was. They knew the commercials, and my cousin actually sang "I'm gonna do my sexy dance! WooHoo!" It's pretty incredible, actually.

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
It's good to see that the ads are slowlly starting to have an effect, I don't think anyone expected things to happen overnight.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
It's good to see that the ads are slowlly starting to have an effect, I don't think anyone expected things to happen overnight.

I think that depends on what you read. It's funny to me that most of the tech bloggers out there are saying that WP7 will fail, because sales are slow, but if you look at sales of the original iPhone, or the G1, they were both very slow movers when they were released. I am pretty sure that WP7 has outsold both of them in the first 44 days (well, 62 world wide, 44 in North America.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss