Goodbye L950

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So, my Lumia 950 was in a waterproof pouch, along with my waterproof S5 Active, in my waterproof glove-box, in my Ranger Side x Side. Yeah, so just take "waterproof" out of the whole sentence, because none of that part is close to true, lol.

Accidentally took a dunk in a 3 ft mudhole on an ATV Poker Run. Pulled the pouch out of the glove-box, and it was half full of muddy water! The phone turns on, but was non-responsive to any touch inputs or button presses, and the flash was lit up as soon as I put the battery back in after blowing it out. The S5 Active seemed okay initially, which was good, because I needed it to navigate home! But then it went crazy half way home and kept pulling up the open apps screen :unhappysweat:. Luckily I made it home, and then put them both in rice overnight after blowing them out the best I could.

Yeah... they're both still screwed. The S5A is acting the same, but now the 950 is acting like someone is pressing all over the screen, crazy fast! Luckily I have insurance, and my pictures were safe on my SD Card. I'm running my old L640 (and my wife said I was crazy for having three phones!), and filed my claim last night. They wanted to replace it with a Galaxy S6, which I didn't want. I did a live chat, and they said my only other option was an S7 Edge, which is a better phone, so I jumped on that.

Honestly, I've been wanting to go back to a high end Android, but not a Samsung. I liked my 950 for Cortana, and low lag. But lack of customization options, issues with work e-mail (if your company doesn't use Azure, you can't use Blackberry Work) and the ever widening app gap made me regret buying it. I was going to keep it, and get an LG G6 for my primary phone, until this happened. So I'll at least keep my 640 as a backup now. I may have had issues with the 950, but I will miss it!

Oh, and from now on, the new phone will be staying in the truck, while my 640 goes in a waterproof hard case, mounted up by the roof of the Side x Side, lol.

Last edited:

zr2s10

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A little note for anyone that runs into a somewhat similar situation:
There is a way to hard reset the phone with a working screen. I was concerned about some pics from work, that show proprietary information, getting leaked. Although, it shouldn't be possible, even if someone replaced the screen, I just wanted to be sure. The link below outlines the process, and it seems to have actually worked on my Lumia 950.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/how-to-hard-factory-reset-your-lumia-950-or-lumia-950-xl

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Geez sorry to hear about your Lumia 950 such an awesome phone. May not look classy im glad i still have mine. November be a year for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria