Graphics card issues after the aniversary windows 10 update

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Every since I have updated the windows 10 anniversary update my graphics card is not working properly :cry:. Below are the issues I'm facing.

1. When I enter the main screen page after adding the password, the screen suddenly turns black and goes back to the password page. It happens once every time I switch on my laptop. :eck:

2. Everything on my screen appears big. And I can't change the resolution. It's all greyed out. :shocked:

3. In the device manager, I can see under display adapters - AMD Radeon R7 M270 and Inter(R) HD Graphics 5500. Both have a yellow exclamation mark. At times only one of them will have it, and sometimes both will have the yellow exclamation. :straight:

I went on YouTube and forums to find a solution and below are the mentioned solutions which I tried and doesn't seem to work for me.
- Update the graphics card: I did that. After updating it says I have the latest updated version.
- Uninstall the graphics card: That did the trick but when I switch off my laptop and switch it on again, the problem re-appears. So every time I switch on my laptop, I have to uninstall one of the graphics card to have a proper resolution. Which is irritating.

Because of the above mentioned issues the games I play lags a lot. Especially League of Legends. :( . I never faced any of the said issues before the windows 10 anniversary update that happened a few weeks back. :angry:

Is anybody else facing the above mentioned issues? Or does anybody have a new solution to my problem.

Thanks. :crying:

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
It seems like this anniversary update caused many issues to OEM PCs and tablets. My windows 10 tablet is sluggish and freezes since the update

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Was your PC/Laptop installed with W10 when you bought it, or was it 'upgraded' to W10 from another OS version i.e. W8.0/W8.1/W7?

If it was the latter, it would most probably be driver issues, and as people above mentioned, go to the Dell website and download the updates manually (the Dell Update software can sometimes be unreliable).

If it was the former, try doing the above steps, but in most cases, drivers shouldn't be the main problem. From what I'd read, it's the update of W10 from TH2 to AU being done improperly, and you might have to reset your PC (under settings > Update & Security > Recovery). I personally have a Dell that came preinstalled with W10 TH2, and am only facing one problem from the update: Black screen after waking my laptop from sleep mode. It's kinda annoying that now I have to shut down my laptop instead of putting it to sleep for use later on :(

JoAndRoPo

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Was your PC/Laptop installed with W10 when you bought it, or was it 'upgraded' to W10 from another OS version i.e. W8.0/W8.1/W7?

If it was the latter, it would most probably be driver issues, and as people above mentioned, go to the Dell website and download the updates manually (the Dell Update software can sometimes be unreliable).

If it was the former, try doing the above steps, but in most cases, drivers shouldn't be the main problem. From what I'd read, it's the update of W10 from TH2 to AU being done improperly, and you might have to reset your PC (under settings > Update & Security > Recovery). I personally have a Dell that came preinstalled with W10 TH2, and am only facing one problem from the update: Black screen after waking my laptop from sleep mode. It's kinda annoying that now I have to shut down my laptop instead of putting it to sleep for use later on :(

No... My laptop wasn't installed with W10... But I think now my laptop is working fine after going to Dell Support Website....

I did a auto detect... and I don't know what happened after that... But now when I on my laptop, everything seems to be working as it should be...

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
No... My laptop wasn't installed with W10... But I think now my laptop is working fine after going to Dell Support Website....

I did a auto detect... and I don't know what happened after that... But now when I on my laptop, everything seems to be working as it should be...

Well, here's hoping for your smooth ride with your laptop for the days to come. Congratulations!

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had prior issues with laptops and graphics. This is especially so with "switchable" graphics (uses shared graphics for basic tasks and uses dedicated for things like games). Usually these require customized graphics drivers from the OEM that allow for the smooth transition from one to the other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss