:@ Grr... Why can't we cancel app submissions?!

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I submitted an update for my app the other day only to discover shortly after that text is now unreadable in a certain part of the app when a phone is using the light theme. Yes, I should have caught this earlier, but everyone makes mistakes now and then. Why can't I just cancel the update submission? It would save Microsoft some effort and spare me the possible negative reviews if anyone discovers the bug before I can push the fixed version. I already fixed the issue, but I can't even submit the fixed version yet because I'm still waiting for the broken version to get through! :mad: Very frustrating. Apparently I can't even redact the borked update once it's published without pulling the app completely off the Marketplace.

JedH

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I submitted an update for my app the other day only to discover shortly after that text is now unreadable in a certain part of the app when a phone is using the light theme. Yes, I should have caught this earlier, but everyone makes mistakes now and then. Why can't I just cancel the update submission? It would save Microsoft some effort and spare me the possible negative reviews if anyone discovers the bug before I can push the fixed version. I already fixed the issue, but I can't even submit the fixed version yet because I'm still waiting for the broken version to get through! :mad: Very frustrating. Apparently I can't even redact the borked update once it's published without pulling the app completely off the Marketplace.

You should be able to just submit another XAP in place of the current one after it has been approved by MS.

However, if you said "publish my update automatically", then you basically hav to hide the app and submit another update. It sucks cause we all do it, but that's why you should always select "wait to publish update". It's a tradeoff.

RogueCode

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure every publisher has come across a bug just after publishing. It's part of the territory.
And yeah, it's really stupid that you can't cancel it.

Best is to set it to not publish automatically, as has been mentioned.

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow! The update failed certification due to the very reason I wanted to cancel the submission! I never thought I would be rejoicing the first time I got a certification failure. Lucky.

failnu.png

Like I said though, I could have saved Microsoft time and effort had I been able to cancel the submission a couple days ago.

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
This is a good suggestion, I'm sure all devs will wish for this option at some point.

Have you considered submitting the idea to Microsoft? I don't have the link but they have a suggestions box somewhere...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs