[Guide] Maximize Ativ S battery on windows mobile 10 + tips

ronfante

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Please be careful, you will need to modify register and system files, so it can be dangerous.

I've read a lot of guide during the time, i think a organized summary can be useful :smile:

I've tested the current guide on build 10.0.10586.164.

1. hard reset (optional)
  2. set dev unlock
  3. install on pc this xap deployer [TUTORIAL] Deploy XAPs easily with WPV
  4. installing this app [XAP] SamWP8 Tools [v1.6.4]. System tools (Use WPV, stock deployer will fail)
  5. open SamWP8 Tools and apply unlock (check all 3 button)
  6. in the app swap to registry, time to edit:
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\Brightness" name="LowBrightnessPct" type="string" value="E" #Set the min brightness to 14 from 25
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\Brightness" name="MediumBrightnessPct" type="dword" value="28" #Medium to 40 from 50
    Disable some services, set key “Start” value = 4 (2 is automatic 3 manual 4 disabled) :
  7. at this point we need to access the fs, I've used this guide, when write reg key it will say error, but it works.
  8. download a hosts file (I recommend this, be sure to delete 0.0.0.0 m.hotmail.com)
  9. overwrite the default hosts on C:/windows/system32/driver/etc/

Tips:
  • Hack for 5 inches screen or less to have 5 actions buttons:
    HKLM\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo" name="PhoneManufacturerModelName" type="string" value=RM-938_1000

OR

I'd like to add that you don't need to edit the phone model number in order to get 5 action buttons, you can just change DPI in Display setting to 175% instead od 200% which is default
  • No bing logo [TWEAK] De-watermark Bing Lockscreen | Windows 10 Development and Hacking
  • Change default camera:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Photos\OEM\DefaultLens\{"app-id"} #SamWP8 Tools can't do it
    A easier method (need test) is to edit the xap file manually before installing, in the wmappmanifeast.xml add:
    <Extensions>
    <Extension ExtensionName="Photos_Extra_Image_Editor" ConsumerID="{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA5632}" TaskID="_default" />
    <Extension ExtensionName="Camera_Capture_App" ConsumerID="{5B04B775-356B-4AA0-AAF8-6491FFEA5631}" TaskID="_default" />
    </Extensions>

Last edited:

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Change default camera:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Photos\OEM\DefaultLens\{"app-id"}
Thank you so much for this great thread,

Could you please show a snapshot of this step?

Cause there's nothing under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE(HKLM?)\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Photos\ in my registry tree.

Really looking forward to make the delicated camera button work again :)

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Can't deploy SamWP8 in Windows Phone 8.1 Application Deployment: 'the manifest could not be loaded and may not be valid'. I'm on SGH-T899M, W10 10586.164. I can use RootTool though so I'll try the registry tweaks :)

EDIT: but WPV does work! Weird :)

Last edited:

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I can't manage to change the default camera app through the registry as well. I managed to change the app on a different way:
- Download Camera360 Sight from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/19k8z5c2r95m6/Spust . (Disclaimer: I guess this is no problem since the app is free in the store as well?)
- Deploy through WPV
- Change default camera in settings to Camera360 Sight
- Now it's the default app, which opens after pressing the camera button etc.
- You can then download the newest version of this app from the store, it doesn't recognize your sideloaded app but installs just on top of it so you get the newest version as the default camera. It's a nice app, but it doesn't seem to make videos so I'm still looking for a different option.

Not the end-all solution to me because I'd like a different (preferably free) app that also records as well.

Last edited:

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't manage to change the default camera app through the registry as well. I managed to change the app on a different way:
- Download Camera360 Sight from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/19k8z5c2r95m6/Spust . (Disclaimer: I guess this is no problem since the app is free in the store as well?)
- Deploy through WPV
- You can then download the newest version of this app from the store, it doesn't recognize your sideloaded app but installs just on top of it so you get the newest version as the default camera. It's a nice app, but it doesn't seem to make videos so I'm still looking for a different option.

Not the end-all solution to me because I'd like a different (preferably free) app that also records as well.

Nice! Gonna try if I can make Proshot as default

This freedom of ATIV S really make it one of the most amazing device in WP/WM platform

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Camera 360 Sight works flawlessly and it kinda reminds me of iOS now :D
But i've got a question: Could you explain what each of the services do? I'm still curious whether should i disable them :/

ronfante

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
- Deploy through WPV

I't works! Maybe I've found the trick in the appmanifest, they add a tag with default appid (https://github.com/windowsphonehacker/wph-folders/blob/master/wphFolders/utils.cs) virtually this tweak can be applied on all apps :)

Last edited:

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to add that you don't need to edit the phone model number in order to get 5 action buttons, you can just change DPI in Display setting to 175% instead od 200% which is default

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

I tried yesterday, it works. However then I install the store version of 360 camera trying to overwrite it then I got two 360 camera app in my app list and when I remove the sideload one the default trick won't work(I don't want to see same two apps in my list so I ended up remove the sideload one). I also trying to download proshot xap and this method not working.

Cheers

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried yesterday, it works. However then I install the store version of 360 camera trying to overwrite it then I got two 360 camera app in my app list and when I remove the sideload one the default trick won't work(I don't want to see same two apps in my list so I ended up remove the sideload one). I also trying to download proshot xap and this method not working.

Cheers

I also can't seem to get Proshot to work, i've been trying to sideload it but there is some manifest error :/

Bokkie

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo