Halo Infinite is getting a highly-requested feature for the first time in November

Ron-F

May 20, 2014
Visit site
My only experience with games that allow first or third person modes is with Bethesda’s games. Not really a good start. Why not work in something they actually promised, such as local multiplayer?

Jun 24, 2023
Visit site
At this stage in Halo Infinite's life this seems like such an odd "major" yet still "nothing" update. I wonder if this is a franchise first as well. I'll be interesting if it comes as part of an overall update that brings good actual new content for once (we really need dev maps), but the overall feeling for some time now has been that Microsoft, Xbox, and 343 have abandoned Halo Infinite and "moved on" and they haven't done much to push against that. So like who is this for and why is it happening? The only thing that kinda makes sense to me is an experiment for the next game, but even then there's not a huge population to experiment on. Who knows. Maybe the goal is just to make Halo Infinite as much of a sandbox as possible with settings galore and leave it as Xbox's Gary's Mod. Forge is certainly incredible. At this point it'd probably do better as a free "make your own game" (and most of the maps now are forge made) than a free multiplayer.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
This is sooooo exciting. Honestly if everything that’s in I finite now, had come out in year 1 (even if some trickled out after release) I believe infinite would still be a massive game. However it completely died badger month 1. I’m surprised they are still spending money developing it at this point. I’ve never met a single gamer in real life that actively plays infinite besides me. That stinks. I wish my friends wanted to play but they ruined it for the majority at release.

I’ve been wanting third person view in halo for a long time this makes me really excited to play!

Kaymd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This is sooooo exciting. Honestly if everything that’s in I finite now, had come out in year 1 (even if some trickled out after release) I believe infinite would still be a massive game. However it completely died badger month 1. I’m surprised they are still spending money developing it at this point. I’ve never met a single gamer in real life that actively plays infinite besides me. That stinks. I wish my friends wanted to play but they ruined it for the majority at release.

I’ve been wanting third person view in halo for a long time this makes me really excited to play!
This is the correct way to maintain and develop a game, especially a live service game. The idea of abandoning it because it only had 'moderate' success up till now always baffles me.

Keep refining, polishing, adding more content. Basically build it up, like everything else that actually has real value. In the present age, if you don't have instant 'mega' hit in pretty much anything, it's automatically considered a 'failure'.

This extends well beyond video games, and it unfortunately destroys the habit of nurturing and growing things from small and moderate beginnings to greatness. These days, if people don't achieve instant greatness in an endeavor, they immediately jump ship and move to the next new and shiny thing, hoping for an instant hit. Instead of digging deep where they are and slowly growing, it's always off to the next thing. In this way, they unknowingly never learn what it really takes to achieve greatness. /End of rant/.

Anyway, this is the correct approach to development imho. Kudos to the 343 dev team for building this out. Better late than never.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4