Hard for MS to improve thier image when Nokia treats people like this...

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Nokia customer service and while I may not always log in I read alot here. Everytime people have problems it seems Nokia swoops in and fixes them fast.. Well. I have a Nokia 925 and last night my volume rocker button stopped working while my volume was set to 10. I called and told them I had the phone less than 6 months and that the hardware didn't work. After complaining for 10 mins she said well you can send it in...trying to give me the address. I about snapped I told her why should I pay for shipping when its their problem. And since its my only phone that I couldn't be without one. She then said maybe at&t will let me barrow something... Again I snapped.. Its not their problem either.. So finally she said she would pass it on to some higher up that would give me a call in 14-96 business hours...i snapped lol.. I said my only phone that I have sensitive data on it that I can't hear when people call will be called between next Tues -Fri.. Then shipping 2 ways for their problem. I can't believe that I have supported them with 3 nokias in less than 2 years..always talk glowingly of it. But not any more. If this is how they treat people I'll run straight for apple.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Nokia customer service and while I may not always log in I read alot here. Everytime people have problems it seems Nokia swoops in and fixes them fast.. Well. I have a Nokia 925 and last night my volume rocker button stopped working while my volume was set to 10. I called and told them I had the phone less than 6 months and that the hardware didn't work. After complaining for 10 mins she said well you can send it in...trying to give me the address. I about snapped I told her why should I pay for shipping when its their problem. And since its my only phone that I couldn't be without one. She then said maybe at&t will let me barrow something... Again I snapped.. Its not their problem either.. So finally she said she would pass it on to some higher up that would give me a call in 14-96 business hours...i snapped lol.. I said my only phone that I have sensitive data on it that I can't hear when people call will be called between next Tues -Fri.. Then shipping 2 ways for their problem. I can't believe that I have supported them with 3 nokias in less than 2 years..always talk glowingly of it. But not any more. If this is how they treat people I'll run straight for apple.

Snapping is most certainly the way to get the worst possible service ever.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. This seems to be the way most manufacturer warranties are handled. You ship the defective item back and they fix it and send it back or send you a different refurbished unit back upon receipt of the device. This is why some alternate warranties/service plans are attractive to some. For instance, when it comes to phones, my wife is accident prone, so I always get her the Geek Squad protection on her phones I purchase from Best Buy. I don't have to pay for any shipping and if she has to go without her phone, Best Buy will offer a loaner phone for her to use.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm snapping in my head lol. But I kept calm on the phone just told her I was annoyed.. And unhappy with the lack of speedy resolution for this.. And to answer the other guy.. I'm sorry I have alot of data on my phone that I don't feel comfortable sending them and don't even know if I would get the same phone back. I'm crazy annoyed I can't hear my ringer.. Can't use my phone on music or videos.. And I know apple isn't like this.. You walk into their store under warranty you are walking put in a few with another phone or fixed.. And defending lack of effort on their end for their problem is why they will treat people like this. I can't even send it in until they call me possibly a week from now.. Unacceptable and anyone who says otherwise is not in the repair and service industry which I am. I'm a service plumber. And never would anyone accept me leaving the house or business without solving the problem. And never have I told anyone ya wait a week we might call you. Insulting and that's how you lose business.

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. This seems to be the way most manufacturer warranties are handled. You ship the defective item back and they fix it and send it back or send you a different refurbished unit back upon receipt of the device. This is why some alternate warranties/service plans are attractive to some. For instance, when it comes to phones, my wife is accident prone, so I always get her the Geek Squad protection on her phones I purchase from Best Buy. I don't have to pay for any shipping and if she has to go without her phone, Best Buy will offer a loaner phone for her to use.

Well, usually you don't have to pay for shipping. When my Surface RT had problem, MS sent me a replacement, included a shipping label, and I just had to ship the broken one back in the same box with the label they give me, cost $0. Of course they did put a $499 security charge on my credit card until they received the unit I sent back, which is reasonable and I had no problem with that. A few years back when my HP laptop broke, I contacted them at 5pm Monday, received a shipping box with label and cushion next day by noon, sent in my computer and received it by Friday at noon, also no charge.

So I guess it is odd that they asked OP to pay for shipping (did they confirm that you have warranty?). When my lumia had problem at one point and I contacted them, the process involved me filling in a bunch of info online and gave me a shipping label (forgot if it's UPS or Fedex), but I would have to do my own wrapping. But that would count as free too. The whole fixing process would take about 2 weeks of course and that was why I didn't send in mine, luckily the problem fixed itself. But I'm not sure what happened to OP here....

Xellsama

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Troubleshooter - Nokia Lumia 925 - Nokia - USA

OP try this.

Select Other-->Unresponsive.

Click through every "problem is not fixed" and at the end you will be given the option to send in for repair; once you choose that you can also choose free shipping as one of the delivery method.

If you don't want to send in the device at all then it's a different story. If this is an iPhone and it's hardware issue then at the Apple store they would just give you a different phone and transfer your data there for you, only difference here is they do the data transfer at their repair center because Nokia isn't big enough in the US to have their own stores everywhere. Sure it's under MS now but that's been less than a month and there's no way to build up their presence that fast, we don't even have many MS stores. Speaking of this actually, perhaps you can bring the phone to the nearest MS store and see what they can do to help. This is perhaps the only official way to get help without sending in the phone.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Ya 17 mins into the conversation she said well what I can do for you is send you a free labor After I get this magic call. Yet again the phone has only been out 6 months. And they warranty it. If this is the quality and service I can expect I won't look back twice. And why should you have to buy a 2nd warranty from best buy when these people supposedly stand behind their product.. What a joke... But I'm he odd man. Out here expecting a business to treat customers with the appreciation they deserve for supporting them

Gen Pop 1

May 9, 2014
Visit site
AT&T has service centers where you can swap out your phone sometimes same day if they have it in stock. Going through the manufacturer will be slower and you will have to ship your phone and wait for them to take a look and try to repair it. Assuming you bought your phone from AT&T, I would try going to one of their service centers.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Nokia have been great lending me phones to try out but when I asked them to sort my sons broken 520 charger I was told to take it to nearest service centre to get it looked at. The nearest one is 130 miles from me so when i told them that I was told to look on amazon or ebay to get another. Complete joke!

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Nokia has been amazing to me but then, I don't snap at them. I had a screen stop responding altogether on my 920 and they shipped me out a shipping label and heavily discounted a Lumia 520 for me to use in interim. I think you just feel way too entitled. Perhaps you should take a step back and look at it from their side.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow when I said snapped I said I told them I was unhappy with the nothing they offered.. At&t dont warranty their phones under manufactured warranty. And entitled.. Dropped a 920 1 time it broke an I ate that.. This one is a hardware issue and if you would read what I say said I can't even send it off or get a shipping label til someone calls me next week!!! So instead of trying to insult me maybe offer up a solution like a few nice members did. I'm guessing your a person that buys a new car and when it breaks under warranty you fix it on your own dime....didnt think so and I don't feel I should be without a working phone for 3 weeks. When its not my fault.. And I need it for my job.. Smh

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
When I had a warranty issue I called Nokia they trouble shot it, said my phone needed repair emailed me a prepaid UPS label to ship it to them within five minutes. Either you left something out of your explanation, our you just ticked the person off (this coming from someone who has to let his wife do all the customer service calls because he routinely ticks them off). I found Nokias Customer service to be among the best I have dealt with In a long time.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site

If they can fix the problem, Nokia will fix it and send the original back to you. Sent mine in for a camera problem. It came back fixed and the slightly scratched screen had been replaced. I even double check the IMEI number, it was the same

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm snapping in my head lol. But I kept calm on the phone just told her I was annoyed.. And unhappy with the lack of speedy resolution for this.. And to answer the other guy.. I'm sorry I have alot of data on my phone that I don't feel comfortable sending them and don't even know if I would get the same phone back. .
That is why they have you back up your device before you send it in. Also, they wipe your phone when they receive it before starting any work. Found like your experience for some Sounds like your experience was much worse than mine, and from all accounts, most. They did give me the "borrow a phone from AT&T" line, which AT&T won't do. They just give you a replacement refurb phone and send you on your way. I just went to best buy and bought a $60 dollar 520. I need a back up any way.
For what it's worth, I had my phone back from Nokia in 4 days from the day I sent it to them, and that was a Friday.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has service centers where you can swap out your phone sometimes same day if they have it in stock. Going through the manufacturer will be slower and you will have to ship your phone and wait for them to take a look and try to repair it. Assuming you bought your phone from AT&T, I would try going to one of their service centers.

They send you or give you a refurbished phone (that they claim has been"quality checked" that they may or many have fixed the problem it was returned for. All cell phone companies in the US do the same thing. No thanks. I'll take the inconvenience to get my other wise perfectly functioning phone back.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had mixed results with the actual repairs but I've never been asked to foot the bill for shipping. Use the online form and print your own label free. They'll send it back on their dime too. If you have personal info on the phone, back it up and wipe the device. Nokia will probably wipe it again themselves and run a full system check while it's on their bench.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Never worked in retail or customer service have you mate?

Of course you have to send it to them, they test it and fix or replace as necessary. Did you expect the person on the phone to cycle over to your house with a replacement phone and complementary box of chocolates? Nokia have a duty of care for the handset. Everything else is your responsibility.

lhunter1130

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Ya lesson learned called att and they said they would handle the warranty and sent me a refurbished phone then I send this back... Soo plus 1 for att and I will try to avoid any manufacture warranty :'(

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Naw, ATT messed up my exchange so bad, they gave me this 1520 for free to make up for it. I love ATT, they wound up giving me enough credit when I bought my 920 back in 2012, that it was like i got the phone for free.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo