hard reset is not working on my nokia lumia 520

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i have tried to hard reset my phone but it is not of any use.
when i perform last step of hard reset its not of any use its just restarting.

sripadha

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
i forgot my phone password, so i tried to hard reset it. that is holding power button and after it vibrates holding volume down button after than pressing a pattern of buttons, like first volume up button followed by volume down button and power button lastly volume button. as per the nokia official website when you perform these steps you phone will restart and all the data is lost. but when i do this my phones just restarts and again asks me password which i had forgot.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The proper reset combination is: press and hold volume down, press power to turn it on, keep holding volume down until you see an exclamation mark, then press volume up, volume down, power, and volume down - in that order.

Give it a try.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If hard reset is not working, then i suggest you download the application on your pc called as Lumia recovery tool. (in your case, it might be Nokia recovery tool.) plug in your phone via usb chord into the pc. Open the app, it will detect the phone. Follow the procedure it shows. It will completely reset your phone to the last stable build of windows 8. Or 8.1.
Note: This method will work 100%. And it needs good amount of data. So make sure you have wifi.

Let me know if it works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz