Hard resetting without any loss of App+Game data

Pranay1995

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I am planning to hard reset my 520(running Cyan in India). What I am thinking to do before the reset is to move all my apps and games on sd card and then hard reset my phone and after the reset I will be moving back those apps and games to phone. Just wanted to know whether I am going the right way to save my app+game data or will I be facing any side effects after the reset due to movement of app and game data. Also any suggestions regarding this kind of back up of app and game data, other than "back up and restore" ( I don't prefer to download all the apps again after the reset ) option available in the settings?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
no, the SD card data is tied to your phone and will go bye bye when a hard reset is performed.

Actually, the phone can do a hard reset without erasing the data on the SD card. You have the option of doing either and you can also remove the SD card before doing the hard reset if you want to be safe. The pictures and music would be retained. However, apps will still need to be reinstalled anyway so they would have to be downloaded again. They won't work otherwise unless you have a developer account and have saved a copy of the xap. As for game data, it depends. In some instances the copied data might work, but that will vary depending on the game. It's certainly not something you should depend on. Also some of the newer games support OneDrive sync so the game data would be retained that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786