Hardware button help!

vshlkmr40

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So this problem started yesterday on my Lumia 520 running wp8.1 (.878 version)

The power and camera button has started behaving oddly-

Problem with power button: It sometimes responds, locking the screen, sometimes doesn't (almost 30% of the time I press it), i can clearly hear the ' clicking' sound of the button, i have also tested the button by pressing it with finger nails after taking out the back cover, same results, sometimes the screen locks, sometimes doesn't, and every time i hear the normal clicking sound.

Problem with camera button: The camera button sometimes responds sometimes doesn't, it's a dual click button and i can hear both the clicks. I have also tested this problem without the cover, and its still the same.

Increasing or decreasing the pressure doesn't affect the result of both of these keys, the only reliable working keys left are the volume buttons.

I'm a heavy phone user, and i find myself using these keys a lot, phone is also old (bought the day it was available in India, almost more than a year, warranty is also out of question)
, so what are my choices?

Should i take it to Nokia care? How much will they charge? Wil it be feasible? Or should i wait for the 630 price to fall down and upgrade to that handset instead?

Or is it a software problem (maybe some 8.1 bug)? I am going to try a hard reset but the unavailability of WhatsApp in store right now puts me off trying it...

So please guide me what to do in this situation, I love my 520 a lot and it has been a pretty reliable handset until now...

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a heavy phone user, and i find myself using these keys a lot, phone is also old (bought the day it was available in India, almost more than a year, warranty is also out of question)
, so what are my choices?

Should i take it to Nokia care? How much will they charge? Will it be feasible? Or should i wait for the 630 price to fall down and upgrade to that handset instead?
I got my phone's power button replaced at Nokia Care. They just changed it in 5 hours. My button responding totally. I would suggest you restore back to WP8 and then submit the phone.
I personally didn't like 630. It doesn't have proximity sensors and some features. I don't think you should go for it when you are on 520.

Or is it a software problem (maybe some 8.1 bug)?
Nope, definitely a hardware one.

I am going to try a hard reset but the unavailability of WhatsApp in store right now puts me off trying it...
It is available on store now and is even better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa