Has anyone encounter any bugs with Genre Organization on Xbox?

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Genre Organization

As you probably realize, one problem with Xbox Music is genre organization--not the arbitrary choice of genres in music (that's inevitable), but the fact that Xbox Music is adamant its genre organization is correct, and if you disagree, well, that's too bad. As such, we have no way to edit music genre information (ID tags) within the Xbox Music software. Not surprising, organization has been something of a nightmare on Xbox Music since it began.

So, how do you handle it? If I bought a song from Xbox Music and found it to be incorrectly organized, I would copy them onto my PC, edit the music with a normal tag editor, then copy them back onto my hard drive. This tended to work pretty well, if be a little inconvenient. I've recently run into three songs, however, that are tagged as in one genre, but show up as another on my Windows Phone because, well, Xbox Music said so (I guess). Editing and copying them back makes no difference.

I guess I could edit all the other music in that genre to match up, but that seems like a poor solution. Has anyone else encountered this frustrating bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss