Has anyone found a workaround for the custom ringtone issue on W10 preview build 10536.1004.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone has found a workaround for the custom ringtone issue on W10 preview build 10536.1004. I can not get any custom ringtones to show up in sounds settings. I've tried texting and saving as ringtone. I tried groove,OneDrive, and even ringtone apps from the store and still get the same message, ringtones cannot be set now, error loading them. Any help would be awesome!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone has found a workaround for the custom ringtone issue on W10 preview build 10536.1004. I can not get any custom ringtones to show up in sounds settings. I've tried texting and saving as ringtone. I tried groove,OneDrive, and even ringtone apps from the store and still get the same message, ringtones cannot be set now, error loading them. Any help would be awesome!

I've only tried one app for ringtones called Nokia Tones. Its free and its got a lot of ring tones in it. I haven't attempted to add my own yet mainly because this app gets it done for me.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

It only works for me when I copy / paste my custom ringtones to the Ringtones folders through USB on my PC.

millet2010

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
On a PC, convert any MP3 ringtones you want to use into M4R (free programs to do this on the net if you need them), then when converted copy the M4R files into the Phone ringtones folder (using Windows Explorer) via USB cable connected to the PC and Phone - job jone :wink:

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
On a PC, convert any MP3 ringtones you want to use into M4R (free programs to do this on the net if you need them), then when converted copy the M4R files into the Phone ringtones folder (using Windows Explorer) via USB cable connected to the PC and Phone - job jone :wink:

Wow!! Thank you soooo much , your response worked like a charm. I really appreciate the tip and thanks again you rock!!!!!

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So did I, man I loved my Godfather Guitar ringtone, now it's gone. I can only download wallpapers with Zedge.

Same , couldn't get anything , but then the person above me saved my hopes, now I have all my custom ringtones, what's weird is you have to convert them to m4r files which are iPhone ringtone files, don't ask ne but it works like a charm!!

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
For a long time I could not make my custom ringtones show up, I had to use some Nokia ringtone app. I have them backed up on my SD card and I always just copied them to the phone. Nothing. Then I read you have to copy them from a location not on the device, so I copied them from the SD to my C: drive and then back into the phone and then it worked. Bizarre, but as far as I know what to do, it's okay.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
can you copy link to your browser on phone down load to phone
then move with file explorer to ringtones folder
just an idea

I've done that in the first place, but when I open the ringtones folder it says its empty. Gonna play around a bit, try to find a solution.

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The m4a way is correct but you need to use the desktop version of the windows phone app and sync the tones in the ringtone tab in the app it definitely works

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I created Feedback for the phone companion app to have a Ringtones section. This will allow you to import anything and have it converted to the appropriate format and placed in the appropriate directory. Search Phone Companion and upvote. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss