Has anyone tried removing the verizon logo?

Stevew407

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I am talking or looking for or about the logo screen. I have left Verizon and my supposedsupposedly unlocked phone still has that every time I turn on and also having issues with changing carriers.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon logo in the boot up screen is baked into the phones programing software. Probably only way to get rid of it or change would be some sort of root if at all possible. Not even worth the chance of messing up the phone for that.

Im guessing your using the Icon with a GSM carrier like AT&T or T-Mobile? Or on a mvno like me?

Who cares anyway....its just a flash screen on boot up right?..........

Stevew407

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks - it is just a matter of principle for me. Hate to advertise for a company that is working that way. Thanks for the reply. Also, the phone isn't working correctly at times too. You are right I am on t-mobile. What is mvno? I am trying to learn more about all this stuff and my options too.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well....basically you purchased a phone designed to work on Verizon's network as it is a Verizon CDMA phone. But it can also run on ATT or Tmobile networks because it has the radios inside to do so.

Your only other choice would be to get a non-Verizon branded phone to use on Tmobile if you do not want to look at that splash screen or the logo under the glass and on the back.

Its kind of like you brought a subway sandwich into a mcdonalds and put a few quarter pounder paddies inside that subway sandwich....but its still a subway sandwich....haaa

MVNO's are prepay providers that buy blocks of use with Verizon, ATT, Tmobile, Sprint. Like Boost, Cricket, Straight Talk, Page Plus, Total Wireless, Selectel, etc. I use PagePlus on my Icon with no problems using the same voice network but with a speed caped data ability. Wich is not a problem as I do not use data for streaming or have needs for large fast amounts of mobile data on my phone. I pay less than $30 per month for `1200 mins, 3000 texts, and 500mb of date use with no contracts and can bail at any time. This is why people use MVNO's......cheaper and easy to try different ones when you want. Also, it all depends on your coverage area with each choice of the main providers. I could not make it with Tmobile as they do not have good coverage in my area. So I use a Verizon mvno service.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
mvno is a mobile virtual network operator. That is a wireless network provider that actually doesn't own any spectrum. Straight Talk is a good example. They provide wireless services, but the wireless network is somebody else's backbone. Straight Talk for example provides wireless services here in the US using Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

So, Rich215 isn't actually signed on to any of the US Carriers directly, he's with one of these providers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If you HAVE to get rid of the Verizon physical logo on the front of the phone (if it really bothers you too much), Crack your screen (so you can justify it) and buy a replacement screen from a 930. Same phone, same parts accept for Verizon "stuff" (CDMA, etc). This will give you a clear screen and should be a PERFECT fit on a Verizon ICON.

Last I looked they were around $175-200 for replacement screen (whole screen), so you could almost buy a 930 for a little more than that...

To each their own...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital