Headsets that work well with the 1520

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the urbeats by dre, and they only allow audio output. Are there any specific headsets that work with the 1520

I assume you mean that have a working mic and audio controls? I believe there are a couple Windows Phone compatible ones like the Nokia Purity headphones.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lots and lots of headsets will provide mic and audio controls (pause, fwd/back, volume). A quick search on WPC forums should turn up a bunch. And they should work on any WP8 Lumia so don't limit your search to posts mentioning the 1520.

I personally lose/damage headsets so often that I quit getting fancy ones. I found an inexpensive "Blackberry" OEM headset that has a microphone and a single button to answer/end calls or pause/unpause music. It's white (matching my 920), and at $4 each I can stock up a bunch and leave them in the car, the office, my bag, etc. and not get too upset if I misplace a pair.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the world of headsets is divided into two camps: Apple and non-Apple. If you buy something that's compatible with iOS, its buttons will not function on a non-Apple device. If you buy something designed for Android, BlackBerry, or Windows Phone, it's buttons won't function on an Apple device. (Apple chose a unique set of positions for the bands on its jack; since these don't match the rest of the world, there's an incompatibility.)

Further, while Apple devices can have multiple buttons doing multiple functions, everyone else uses a single button. Outside of the Apple world, a single tap is usually play/pause or answer/hang-up; long-tap does Tell Me services, multi-taps do next and previous song.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, take audio reviews with a grain of salt. The great thing about humans is that we all have different ears, difference preferences, and different music. All these things change audio so much it's hard to agree between people but also makes it so unique and awesome.

Buy from somewhere that has a good return policy (like Amazon) and try them for a couple weeks. Then you can say "I liked this, but not this" and see if you can find similar experiences in other headphones.

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
One more ;) I've also found that the 1520 has a much better DAC setup than the 920 I came from, better stereo separation and a more balanced frequency response. I'm listening to music a LOT more on my phone instead of my PC at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo