tommyg562000

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I didn't know I had an account here, but I do! Its good though because I just ordered my first Windows Phone! I just purchased the verizon lumia 928. I'm coming from a Note 3 running Android. I just want to try something different. If anybody has any tips or threads that might be useful for a newbie I would appreciate it. Thanks.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Tommy. The Lumia 928 is a great phone. I'm sure you'll get on well with it.

As far as guides go, you could have a look on Microsofts Windows Phone 8 getting started pages here. They have a lot of easy to follow guides on their website. Also make sure you take a look at this thread on here called New to Windows Phone 8-Tips and Tricks. This will give you some great tips and shortcuts.

Do you have a Windows 8 machine that you use? If so, I'd recommend logging in to your new Lumia with the same Microsoft Account. This way, any People (Contacts) you already have on your Windows 8 machine, will get automatically synced to your new phone, along with your SkyDrive and your Calendar if you use either of these as well. If you haven't got a Microsoft Account yet, you'll need to create one for use on your phone so you can purchase apps and sync your Microsoft data etc.

Enjoy your new phone :)

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.
Tip, Check out the forum Windows phone 8 "tips & tricks" for newbie's.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/230201-new-windows-phone-8-tips-tricks.html

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! Hope you enjoy your 928! I have one suggestion though, that you should try the Icon, because you just got your 928, and can exchange it. The Icon just came out, and has AMAZING specs. The Icon is an amazing device. :D

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral Tommy. If you have any questions regarding the OS or apps don't hesitate to ask, lots of folks are willing to help in these forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers