Help an Android user decide?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Regarding skype calling on the windows 8 phones. If you have no cell service/signal, but DO have wifi/internet, wouldn't skype calling still work just like any other phone call without needing to buy premium?

I figured with Skype being integrated so nicely with Windows Phone 8, you could be anywhere in the world with your phone and as long as you have a wifi connection you could receive skype calls.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
WiFi staying on is a big deal because all my podcasts are downloaded over WiFi while the phone is asleep in the charger every day. Each podcast is about 30 meg each and I probably get 15-20 podcasts per week (can't always listen to them all - just want to have the option). I would be looking at about 500 meg/week if WiFi weren't active during sleep - totally unacceptable - especially with capped data on most networks.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
One reason why I sold my HTC Radar was the inability of the browser to reflow text after zooming. I know the iPhone Safari browser has the same limitation, but I don't use an iPhone, so that's no consolation. Without this capability, the text on many web sites is small too read unless I zoom and scroll back and forth. In Android and BBOS this problem doesn't exist.

I'm not really optimistic about this being different in WP8, since it's really the same browser, but I thought I'd put the question in this thread anyway, just in case. If this limitation were to be removed, I'd give serious consideration to returning to WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip