Help! Bluetooth issues!

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
My phone keeps dropping Bluetooth connection when I try to connect to my car radio. It only happens when it connects for music. If it's just voice it works fine. I don't know what's causing the issue. I've tried reconnecting, I've tried re-pairing, I re-registered my phone with my car radio and still it keeps dropping. I'm using a Lumia 1520 with the latest build of Windows 10 mobile. Anyone else have this problem? I have a pioneer head unit with the Bluetooth built into the unit itself so I don't suspect it to be broken. Somebody please help me fix this problem.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded my Icon to W10M I've had sporadic bluetooth connection issues to my car, a Toyota Prius. All other bluetooth devices seem to work just fine. I, too, have tried everything to no avail. There are quite a few in the 950 user forums complaining about it also, so I suspect it's a W10M issue and not a hardware issue.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded my Icon to W10M I've had sporadic bluetooth connection issues to my car, a Toyota Prius. All other bluetooth devices seem to work just fine. I, too, have tried everything to no avail. There are quite a few in the 950 user forums complaining about it also, so I suspect it's a W10M issue and not a hardware issue.

Glad to know it's not just me. I was losing my mind trying to figure it out.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It appears that when the phone is asleep, it never connects. If I've wake the phone before starting the car, it connects without any issue. It seems to be only the car bluetooth connection that is problematic. All other BT devices connect just fine.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My 950 connects fine to my car radio, my wife's car radio and a Bluetooth speaker I have in the kitchen. I do have a problem with some difficulty connecting to a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hold up on the hard reset. It worked for two days, now not connecting again. Not sure if it's an app or some setting that I tweaked. I can get it connected if I fiddle with it, but that's not right. Especially in the winter when my phone is buried under layers of clothes.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Last night, after 3 frustrating days of NO successful connections, I ticked the check box that says, "Use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for Speech" under Advanced in Bluetooth settings on my Icon. Immediately after ticking that box, my phone connected. It has since connected successfully every time I've been in my car.

Keeping fingers crossed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05