Help needed to save contacts

chrisf-1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi again everyone just to get things clear I think my Nokia Lumia 920 windows 8 phone is a great piece of kit if only I had the techy skills to use it, I am finding it just to complicated for me. I cannot even save my contacts as the import in settings is greyed out which means the contacts are on the phone but not the sim card, so I have decided to drop down a level and go for an android phone but before I can do that I need to save my contacts can anyone explain to me in easy steps how I do this and also tell me which button or symbol I should be pressing to make it happen. I have opened a Microsoft account as I was told they would be in there but if they are I cannot find them, I have tried using godswmobile app which is for transferring contacts but it gives options and file choices that I do not understand and I am quite frankly lost, so help greatly appreciated, Also the phone is unlocked for any network and once I have moved my content it will be for sale everything works as it should as far as I know? and it is in very good condition it will also come with the wireless charging plate & lead (mains plug adapter missing) USB lead, also flip case please help someone. Many thanks Chris

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to see you go. I find it a bit odd that you find Android easier to use than WP but I guess to each their own.

The only way to export contacts is via Outlook.com. If the MS account is not your primary account you need to go into the email settings and set the contacts to sync.

Settings -> email + accounts -> select the account -> slide up and select the box beside Contacts

This should enable your contacts to sync with your MS account. If your MS account is your primary account and you're not syncing with Outlook.com then there are other issues.

Here is a link to a support topic on contacts - How do i export contacts - Microsoft Community

Let us know how you get on.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
And the good thing about Outlook is that you can read SMS online. :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk

chrisf-1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the reply I have gone into outlook .com on the nokia which shows me a mail page and then I go to settings and it takes me to internet explorer options please help I am really stuck with this why is it I cannot just export to sim in fact I have skydrive on the phone and computer so how do I send my contacts(People) to anywhere I am really lost here I cannot find a sync option on the phone anywhere thanks Chris

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
On a computer, go to Outlook.com and log in with the same account you have on your phone. You will be at the email page. In the upper left, by Outlook, click the down arrow and you will see your Outlook folders and one will be People. Go there and your contacts should be there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes