HELP! Phone keeps restarting till MICROSOFT logo and then shuts down

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

As the title said. I woke up this morning (on time luckily) finding my phone to be dead.
After I pressed on, it got to the microsoft logo (THE FIRST SCREEN :() and then turned off again.
I thought, battery, weird but sure.
But now, it has been hanging on the carger and it simply doesn't work.
I already tried the recovery tool (after soft reset and hard reset key, no repsonse), but that doesn't work either, it can't recognise it if it keeps turning off and on.
Any tips.
Please

vkr
victor

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
WDRT using your pc. Your phone must have installed the new update that was accidentally rolled out most night that causes bootloop. There's many others in the same boat this morning

nycholas

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issue with lumia 950. There's only a brief second where WDRT will discover your device right before the microft logo appears, just keep hitting retry. After the firmware is downloaded you will have to try to install it during that breif second again.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Turn your phone off, hold 'volume up' and press the start button. The lightning bolt and gear icon should show up on the screen shortly, release 'volume up' button. The phone is now in a state where you can use the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

When you connect the phone to the PC to use the tool it will not be detected. Select "My device was not detected." Navigate to your phone brand and Model as appropriate. Begin recovery.

If your phone is in a start shutdown loop wait till the phone is about to start to hold the volume up key.

Simon Whild

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Since the update a week or so ago, my Lumia 950XL has become unstable, no matter what I try. I've tried the WDRT, but no joy; I've then tried resetting my phone, but the thing just keeps on hanging and crashing despite this. It does this without warning, seemingly irrespective of what I'm doing, be it sending a text, accessing a web page, using the satnav app, making a call, or even when it's idle! It's reaching the stage where I feel I can no longer rely on my phone to run my business and I'll soon need to retire this phone after only nine months of use in favour of iOS or Android. Please can anyone suggest a remedy that I haven't already tried.

anon(9476064)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My 950 was stuck in loop too. Did wdrt and now it works again BUT now my phone turns off at 40% battery every time. The only solution apparently is to change the battery! Damn! I'm not going to spend that much money on a phone that's so old and that receives absolutely no support from MS anymore...

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My 950 was stuck in loop too. Did wdrt and now it works again BUT now my phone turns off at 40% battery every time. The only solution apparently is to change the battery! Damn! I'm not going to spend that much money on a phone that's so old and that receives absolutely no support from MS anymore...

Your phone charging stopping at 40% has nothing to do with the battery. The phone controls charging.
Is this still going on?

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Turn your phone off, hold 'volume up' and press the start button. The lightning bolt and gear icon should show up on the screen shortly, release 'volume up' button. The phone is now in a state where you can use the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

When you connect the phone to the PC to use the tool it will not be detected. Select "My device was not detected." Navigate to your phone brand and Model as appropriate. Begin recovery.

If your phone is in a start shutdown loop wait till the phone is about to start to hold the volume up key.
Thank you so much for this post!
This is the best post I've found regarding my bricked Icon. It's booting up right now!!!!! Glad I didn't run it over with my car!

luis silva5

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone!
Dealing with same looping issue since mid May.
Thought that this would be solved with the latest update, but i was wrong.
So...rebooting and overheating still give me headache.
Ordered a new battery. If that doesn´t resolve, will quit on WPhones.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Your phone charging stopping at 40% has nothing to do with the battery. The phone controls charging.
Is this still going on?

This is exactly what is happening to my 950xl. I can't use wdrt - laptop crashed. I'm beside myself. Can you help, T Moore?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon