Help Request for Microsoft Lumia 640 XL RM-1066 3G Single SIM

Bobs Your Uncle

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I just received a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL RM-1066 3G Single SIM purchased on line. I also have a T-Mobile SIM that I'd used in a different, recently deceased Lumia. I haven't yet loaded the SIM, but when plugging the phone in to build an initial charge, it of course powered on. The Windows 8.1 build that came loaded in the phone is in Spanish, which I don't speak or read.

Is it possible for me to load an English language build to the phone for use in the Midwestern US?
How would I accomplish this & where can I download an English language build?
Should I abandon all hope & fall to the floor into a crumpled, sobbing heap?
(My understanding is that Microsoft's mobile OS builds are pretty tightly married to the hardware build of each respective device).

I can easily provide other detail on the phones specs if needed or helpful, but didn't want to needlessly dump excess info at the start.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you can, you'll need to go into settings and reset the phone. Once that's done, you can choose your language during setup. Do you have a way to translate in order to navigate through the menu?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This, too, if you can't translate:

Hold power button and volume down button down until phone powers off.

Let go of the power button, but keep holding the volume down until image/icon on the screen appears.

Let go of holding the volume down button and press

volume-up

volume-down

power

volume-down

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos