Here's an idea for the Cortana dev team...

JohnnyFEZ

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
We ask Cortana lots of questions. Maybe Cortana could ask us questions, too.

Microsoft could partner with the makers of You Don't Know Jack or Jeopardy. You say, "Quiz me" and Cortana kicks into trivia mode, asking you a series of trivia questions that you answer verbally. On the surface it's a fun time killer to showcase Cortana's voice recognition and wittiness. Add leaderboards, high score challenges with friends and so on to make it a full-on game. Make it multiplayer for road trips.

But then below the surface, it's a way for Cortana to improve her functionality and learn more about you and your interests. For example, when you answer back to a multiple-choice question she has given you, Cortana can learn your pronunciation of the specific words and how your personal speech patterns run words together. If you know more about sports than politics, she learns that your interests tend toward sports, even if you haven't explicitly spelled it out.

Heck, she could even let you phone a friend...

Anyway, just a random idea I had. And now, a series of emoticons!

:evil::smile::devil::shocked::cool::confused:

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
We ask Cortana lots of questions. Maybe Cortana could ask us questions, too.

Microsoft could partner with the makers of You Don't Know Jack or Jeopardy. You say, "Quiz me" and Cortana kicks into trivia mode, asking you a series of trivia questions that you answer verbally. On the surface it's a fun time killer to showcase Cortana's voice recognition and wittiness. Add leaderboards, high score challenges with friends and so on to make it a full-on game. Make it multiplayer for road trips.

But then below the surface, it's a way for Cortana to improve her functionality and learn more about you and your interests. For example, when you answer back to a multiple-choice question she has given you, Cortana can learn your pronunciation of the specific words and how your personal speech patterns run words together. If you know more about sports than politics, she learns that your interests tend toward sports, even if you haven't explicitly spelled it out.

Heck, she could even let you phone a friend...

Anyway, just a random idea I had. And now, a series of emoticons!

:evil::smile::devil::shocked::cool::confused:

I can see this more of a Game Idea for a developer using Cortana's API's to do something like this. Not sure if we will look deep into this one, but I will put it on the board. :D

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Call me a cab..
A. If stationary, Cortana: It looks like you are at 1234 Main Street. Should they meet here? (yes) Cortana: Ok, I'll have a cab here right away. (Optional) where is your destination? (home/park/Kim's house etc one of your places).
B. If moving Cortana: Where should I have them pick you up? (City Hall) alright, I'll have ACME cab meet you there. Destination?

--Involves Cortana accessing phone and calling and following a script, Cortana will tell user if successful or not--

2. Schedule a meeting with John Snow at the board room sometime tommorow afternoon..
A. Cortana sets up calendar meeting and sends .ics meeting invite to your contact John Snow email or SMS.

3. When is Mike Deer's Birthday/how old is Jennifer Lopez..
A. Cortana searches contacts for birthday field and responds. If not contact and celebrity, Cortana pulls date from Wikipedia and announces age/date.

4. Call me an ambulance / call the police. .
A. Cortana calls and places on speaker phone if Bluetooth not active.

5. I feel/am sick.
A. Cortana: Physically or metaphorically? (Physically) What seems to be the issue? ( I have Headach/fever/flu/ etc ) How long?.. Cortana gives suggestions - maybe webMD-
B. (Metaphorically) Cortana says something witty dealing with how she is not keen on human interaction model.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss