Here's how to change the default location of your OneDrive folder

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
change-onedrive-folder-location-windows-10.jpg

If you have a primary drive with limited storage, use this guide to move your OneDrive files to a different location on Windows 10.
The OneDrive client for Windows 10 now includes Files On-Demand, a feature that allows you to access your files in the cloud using File Explorer without having to sync them directly to your device. Although File On-Demand is a nifty feature, if you must keep your files always available locally and backed up in the cloud, but your system drive doesn't have enough storage, OneDrive doesn't include an option to use a removable storage or secondary hard drive in its settings.
However, if you're in this situation, you can relocate the default OneDrive folder to another folder, partition, or external hard drive doing a simple disconnect, move, and reconnect process.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Giomarinaio

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I've tried even this guide to move my onedrive folder default location but each time I find myself with a double OneDrive folder: one in the new path indicated in the process (like this guide) and the other one that unfortunately always reappears in the default path.
I wonder: it's normal or it just doesn't work for me.
I repeat, I've followed all the possible guides (not only this). Has anyone tried to move the folder and can check if there is still a copy in the default path?
P.S.
The "old default copy folder" works, because if I delete a file in the new location it's deleted from the default location too.
As You can see in the picture, the default folder is still there whit its's 1,22 GB of occupied space.
---------------------------------------------

SOLVED.

It was my fault. I was looking to the wrong folder.
Now everythings work. Thanks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786