Hey Cortana missing on 1520

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Cortana works only with Denim firmware and the supported languages are Chinese, English US, and English UK.

If you have everything mentioned before, then you can uninstall the english language in Settings and then install the english language again and hope Cortana works this time.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just double-checking... You know that Hey Cortana is in the regular settings and not in the Cortana settings, correct? It's near Extras & Info.

Not talking down to you by saying this. It actually took a bit before I found the setting myself. :)

Vikram Balaji1

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Faced similar problem. "Hey Cortana" feature missing in denim update. I have been using cortana and all my settings are changed for that. Searched in store also but couldn't find. Please help. Thanks.

beershark

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

Thanks for the link...

I had the same problem on my 930 running W10 (10.586). Hey Cortana wasnt listed in apps or settings but WAS in background tasks.

I searched the store for "Hey Cortana" from the device and it wasnt found. I Also tried to download from the browser on my computer and the "get app" button was greyed out.

What worked for me was sending the web link you kindly provided to my phone, opened it from my email which took me to the store. It has the option of "open app" rather than download. When I clicked open it went to the "train Cortana" function on my phone.

Cortana is now trained and working on the 930 BUT the "Hey Cortana" setting is still not present.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenisPhils