HI. Returning from Android :-) :-) :-)

maylea31

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Well. Cancelled my newegg order for various reasons and will pick up my lumia tomorrow from Verizon for more money but hopefully better long term customer service. Just wanted to pass on that I had to call Verizon for an unrelated billing issue. When I told the CSR that I needed that issue resolved so I could get the new windows phone she said "Wow. This must be the day for windows phones. Everyone who has called me has been requesting one." Sounds positive for Windows.

lisainsf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
indoors I have noted the following white balance ones, you should perhaps perform the same tests on your cameras to know how your cameras perform. This was no flash indoors, window light only, not a particularly bright room but not dark either. Actual wall color is somewhere between auto and daylight, picture color is closer to auto

lisainsf-albums116-34448.jpg

lisainsf-albums116-34449.jpg

lisainsf-albums116-34450.jpg

lisainsf-albums116-34451.jpg

lisainsf-albums116-34452.jpg

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Use the pro shot app/lens from store, go manual mode, and set WB to flash.

I have been able to take much better shots with the 928 but have had to change settings every time in order to do it. I paid for ProShot but still have to change settings before taking a picture to best my Note 2 camera. I can deal with it, but there are plenty of users that need to take quick shots and don't have time to adjust settings before every shot. Hopefully Nokia will make some fixes in a future update.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been able to take much better shots with the 928 but have had to change settings every time in order to do it. I paid for ProShot but still have to change settings before taking a picture to best my Note 2 camera. I can deal with it, but there are plenty of users that need to take quick shots and don't have time to adjust settings before every shot. Hopefully Nokia will make some fixes in a future update.

I would have to agree that manual setting is NOT acceptable. On a different thread, you indicated that you just got a black model - are the photos the SAME?

Your photos seem "soft = not sharp" and yet my 928 and those posting in the gallery sticky area ARE very sharp?

ontapbjt

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since I stopped using the flash the yellow hue seems to go away. I have been able to take pictures in low light without any problems.

cdaq

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been really digging this phone the last several days. Yeah, I think I wont be going back to andriod. I have to lol at "serious" business users that are tying to do "serious" business on their phones in this day and age. I'm a developer, not a business guy, but I have a laptop (win 8), nexus 7, and Samsung Note 10.1. If the task at hand requires more fire power than my phone can comfortably deliver, it's on with the hot spot and out with the proper device. Problem solved.
As far as the camera, I have been quite happy (coming from a Razr Maxx) but then again I understand white balance and the relationship between iso, shutter, and aperture.

techgeek32

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I would have to agree that manual setting is NOT acceptable. On a different thread, you indicated that you just got a black model - are the photos the SAME?

Your photos seem "soft = not sharp" and yet my 928 and those posting in the gallery sticky area ARE very sharp?

Yes. I am on my fourth 928. 2 had the Windows button issue and the other kept rebooting incessantly. I finally have a black one that looks to be fine. I have been able to reproduce better pictures than I originally posted because I have started manually adjusting settings to improve them. The original pictures I took were just auto with no adjustments. I just don't think most users want to spend a lot of time fiddling with settings for every shot they take. I will admit that the camera is certainly better when you choose all of the correct settings manually. Taking pictures is not my most pressing need so having to change settings regularly is not going to bother me.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria