high wap usage

Smilie

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi

i have a problem
im using a LG optimus 7 (windows phone 7)
Vodafone UK
on my last bill i was charge for internet usage
so i called vodafone asking why
and they told me i was over the limit
so i checked my internet usage on my bill

and saw my phone was using wap every night at 12:00am

from like 5MB to highest of 80MB

feedback has been turned off

im only on the 4thday of this months cycle and im already at 80MB for this month

any1 know why its using this???

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And Yahoo was corrected on 2/16/11, so that's old news. Like most cell providers all your data usage will get clumped into one or two buckets per day so the time has nothing to do with actual usage. I have feedback turned on as well as check for updates, three mail accounts (including Yahoo) and a bunch of live tiles. While Ijave WiFi on most of the time I use an average of 4MB of data per day for things running in the background.

If you are not streaming music or video, this seems like a really high number. Have you been downloading a lot of apps? That can really add up over the course of a day. But so can a good amount of Internet browsing per day. Before turning on WiFi, and before loading Yahoo, I was using 30-40MB day, 1-1.2GB/month, with occasional music or YouTube video streaming. You need to take a look at your daily habits and try tracking your daily usage for a couple weeks. Its probably not that big a mystery.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Smilie

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
checked online billing
and phone seems fine last few days
also vodafone UK doesnt seems to clump the data usuage info together

i dont usually stream video or music unless i have Wifi access
does Wifi turn off when screen saver is on even when downloading apps???
or streaming music and start using cellular??

also is there a chance theres a problem with wireless sync with zune?
had it on for awhile last month

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
As noted wireless sync only uses WiFi as there is no way for 3G to find your PC.

WiFi will turn off when your device goes to sleep (screen off) but it is supposed to maintain a connection if it is doing a task like downloading an app or streaming music. I have read of an issue though where if the signal suddenly got weak (out of range), 3G would take over and not return to WiFi even if your signal improved. You might want to test this by turning off data while streaming over WiFi and see if you lose the connection when moving around, etc. That is very possibly what may have happened.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler