Hotmail error

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I keep getting a Hotmail error message on my new Nokia Lumia 925. It was ok when I first had the phone a few weeks ago but it's happening more and more often now where it does not update for hours on end. The message reads:-

Hotmail error

Last updated ?? minutes ago

There is a problem with the certificate for dub-m.hotmail.com. Contact a support person or your service provider.

Last tried ?? minutes ago
Error code: 80048888

Can someone tell me how to solve this please? It's spoiling what is otherwise a brilliant phone as I use my e-mails a lot during the day and most of the time now I'm unable to do so!

Thanks

This was the solution for other people "I had this issue when my company updated the certificate on the exchange server; I had to remove and re-create the account and that fixed it for me."

mary_mary01

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Well that didn't work for me! Took an hour to reset factory setting so I lost all my apps, the error STILL appears when I go into my hotmail account. I also lost all the recent updates including the calls and sms blocking app which means my two stalkers will continue to be able to hassle me. I wish someone would take responsibility for this error and sort it out once and for all!! I paid a lot of money for my 925 and I'm totally fed up of this continuing error, being given incorrect advice on how to solve it and I'm begining to wish Id stuck to my old mobile!!! This seems to be an error on several of the new Lumia models, why can't someone resolve it???!!!!

Tim Crump

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I was having this problem with both Hotmail and Google accounts.
No exchange servers involved
For me it turned out that it was because data was turned off and wifi was not connecting.
I was in a BT hotspot area and needed to sign in (using their app) then the email would sync OK
Guess if I had instead turned off wifi and turned on data that would also have fixed it.
Nokia 620

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soste