How can I fix a Windows 10 mouse problem?

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 mouse problem

Installed Windows 10 on July 29th. Worked fine for few hours. Locked my computer using Win+L option. then use bio-metric fingerprint to unlock and the mouse was stuck at a position. I was able to move it but it automatically comes at a single point (to right corner) on the screen and the busy circle appears on it. Restarted dint work.Shut down and opened, it worked. Tried Win+L again the next day got the same problem. Restarted and the problem is continuous now and not able to use my mouse(touch pad), neither USB nor Bluetooth ones. Tried SAFE MODE, AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY. SO MAY BE A DRIVER ISSUE or something.. Please let me know if anyone has a solution or workup for this issue.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mouse problem

I am assuming this is a laptop, correct? If so, try installing the mouse driver for windows 8.1. You can get it from the laptop website.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am assuming this is a laptop, correct? If so, try installing the mouse driver for windows 8.1. You can get it from the laptop website.

Yeah its a laptop. Hp envy dv6. It's already latest driver dude. And It works perfectly in safe mode with networking enabled. I'm now back to 8.1 again. I'm ok if its slow(which is not the case) but not able to use mouse is a unusable situation :(
Any other help??

DarrylB2015

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site

I had the same situation with my Acer Aspire S7 notebook. The mouse would work on the lock screen but once typed in my password and got to my desktop, nothing. My notebook is touchscreen so I was able to navigate to device manager and roll back the driver. I had the most recent Elan touchpad driver but it clearly didn't work so rolling back took me to the standard Microsoft mouse driver. Once I had a working mouse I went to Acer's website and installed the Win 8.1 driver, which has restored all functionality. If you can get to safe mode then you should be able to accomplish the same thing.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I had the same situation with my Acer Aspire S7 notebook. The mouse would work on the lock screen but once typed in my password and got to my desktop, nothing. My notebook is touchscreen so I was able to navigate to device manager and roll back the driver. I had the most recent Elan touchpad driver but it clearly didn't work so rolling back took me to the standard Microsoft mouse driver. Once I had a working mouse I went to Acer's website and installed the Win 8.1 driver, which has restored all functionality. If you can get to safe mode then you should be able to accomplish the same thing.

Are you sure the 8.1 driver will work in 10? The reason I ask is, I use Kaspersky internet security 2015. It said kis can't run in this os.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The stuff that won't work for sure: Antivirus and graphic card drivers. Most other drivers and software will work.

Also, you can always roll back to the current driver if it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just bought sp3 with 10 already installed for a gift. I played around with it in store and everything seems to be working.

The only thing that I read about is the OneNote button is not working for some. Unfortunately, I forgot to try it in store.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Came to win 10 again, Tried everything. Worked fine.once I locked the screen using win+L, that's it the pointer started erratic behaviour :( :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo