How can I get my phone to be recognised by my laptop?

W

WPCentral Question

Lumia 1020 sudden death/bricked

Hi, this morning my nokia lumia 1020 suddenly cut out during writing a message. I had another app open but that was it. It had a full battery.

I have tried hard and soft reset but it is simply unresponsive.

I have tried to use the nokia software recovery tool but another issue i have had for a few days (since the most recent cyan update) is that my windows phone is not recognised by my windows laptop. The irony isnt lost on me! I was planing on downloading my pictures and messages and things i wanted saving and resetting. However i was waiting for an update to allow me to do this.

So recently ive had the same issues as many. Its been slow and unresponsive and doesnt seem able to do more than one thing at once, if that sometimes. I've searched for solutions and tried many on here for the issues and some worked and some havent. Hence my decision to reset.

So now im stuck. My phone cant be recognised by my laptop for me to use the software recovery tool or download my pictures etc... (yes i tried uploading to onedrive too but that was just painful and wouldnt work!), but this isnt an option.

Ive spent all morning looking into updating both drivers and windows to try to get it recognised. Ive located a Nokia repair centre under an hour away but they arent open on a sunday. My phone should be in warranty so this should be an option if i can get there tomorrow.

So what i want to know is - is there a way to get my phone recognised by my laptop (windows 7)? Has anyone else managed to wake a dead 1020? Am i stuck with a replacement and losing data, pics etc..?

This is the last in a long list of issues since the last updates. It seems incredible bad that what was a superb phone has gone downhill so fast for silly updates for things like having an arrow to signal that my wifi or network is being used... But now it seems its properly died/bricked.

Any help would be gratefully recieved. Luckily i have a lumia 800 which still works 2+ years later so am still able to use a phone.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I possibly can't think of anything else to try, especially if the Nokia software recovery did little to nothing for you. I think it would be best to go to the Nokia shop.

Lutra Garouille

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1020 sudden death/bricked

Thanks. I couldn't get the software removal to work because my laptop doesn't recognise my phone after the most recent update. Ive tried to update the drivers but that hasn't worked. whatever they did in the last update has ruined my phone and meant ive lost a lot of photos etc. Not happy :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit