How can I get the FM Radio working on my UK 950?

nig_nffc

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
uk version missing fm radio

Hi all
Despite trying the various fixes on other threads, I cant get the FM radio to work.

I download another FM radio app (have tried 3). they all report FM radio is missing.

Can anyone in the UK confirm they have FM radio working?

Why would it be missing in the UK.

I love the phone but unless FM radio is functioning its going to have to go back.
I listen to football mostly and due to licensing issues BBC local radio are not allowed to stream football commentary across the internet..

Hope we can get it working. If not I'm sure that you used to able to get a fm radio that was installed on the headphone leads. Cant seem to find them any more.

Any one any ideas?
Many Thanks Nigel.

Weetobix

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: uk version missing fm radio

Afraid you're in for some disappointment here. if you want the FM radio you will have to go with the 950 XL

I can't post a link but if you google "lumia 950 fm radio" you'll find your answer

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
FM Radio on the 950 seems to be a mixed bag of results. I know my AT&T 950 does not have the link available (both on a clean format and a restore and I haven't tried the fixes) but others have reported it working using the workarounds the OP mentioned. As for the Dual sim version of the 950, no clue if it's actually there or not.

nig_nffc

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
My understanding is that the fm radio is on the chip.
If its not working its because they have switched it of in firmware.
Now I can understand why apple may do it across their entire range.
But why would Microsoft switch it off in some countries but not others?

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an unlocked 950 (not XL) from the MS store in the US and I can confirm the FM radio works with a third party app and wired headphones. The system app is not pre-installed nor can I find it in the store, but it works with a third party tuner.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: uk version missing fm radio

Get on to MS they said specifically on the UK store that the phone has an FM radio. I don't know what channels but try it.

nig_nffc

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
yes but hey seemed to have amended it now!

I did research before buying phone and they sadi fm radio and now they say not.
However it is there built into the chip!!!!!

And it works in other regions.
Anyone in the UK got it working, may just be me.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi

The same in France, now the data sheet has been amended and FM tuner has been removed. I can't use third party app.

According to a French MVP, the FM tuner is disabled at OS level because MS engineers were not satisfied in terms of Q/A. Consumers are supposed to use third party apps but they don't seem to work in France nor the UK.

The FM tuner is on the snapdragon chipset so I'm really surprised if the 808 FM tuner is so bad, when my 535 has the FM tuner.

I really hope a future FW or OS update will unlock it, I can't believe this is the first Lumi without a FM tuner.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe when Windows phone 8 first was released for the 920 atleast the FM radio was not enabled. They did enable it at a later date i believe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos