How can I go back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10..it is HORRIBLE?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How can I go back to windows 8.1 from windows 10...it is HORRIBLE!!!

Windows 10 has slowed my computer down until I feel as if I'm on dial-up! I cannot find anything I'm looking for!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As long as you have the 8.1 product key you can go back via a clean install route. Download the ISO from MS website, burn onto a USB/DVD, install and activate.

I would actually suggest posting your desktop model # or specs so someone can better assist in improving performance. My 2009 desktop runs W10 quite well.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I go back to windows 8.1 from windows 10...it is HORRIBLE!!!

If you are referring to a phone, then you will need to use the windows device recovery tool to roll back, make sure you plug your phone into a PC and back everything up.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK

If you are referring to a PC:
How long ago have you updated and did you do a in place upgrade or a clean install?

1) If you did a in place update less than 30 days ago then you can roll back.

2) If you did a in place update more than 30 days ago you cannot roll back without using any recovery media or image.

3) If you did a clean install, then you will have to use a recovery media or image.

To roll back if you have down an in place upgrade less then 30 days ago follow this article:

How to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 | Windows Central

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I go back to windows 8.1 from windows 10...it is HORRIBLE!!!

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea