How can I remove Edge now its stored in SystemApps?

Alex Davies

Jan 18, 2021
Visit site
This great article explained how I could remove Edge from my system:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-microsoft-edge-windows-10

This worked for a while. But now I see Edge has come back. But it's no longer stored where it used to be stored. It's stored in SystemApps.

Is there a way to remove it from there?

[FWIW: I want to remove Edge because I want to regulate my social media use. There's a great app for limiting time spent on given webpages that's available for Chrome (Stay Focused). For a fixed time period, it blocks you from using the web pages you specify. But I haven't been able to find such a thing for Edge. There is an app with the same name for Edge. But it doesn't actually block you from the websites you want to be blocked from--you just have to press a button for it to "unblock" you. So it was super useful to be able to just disable Edge. But now I can't do that.]

Gavop

Jan 22, 2021
Visit site
But I haven't been able to find such a thing for Edge.
If you're using the latest version of Edge (with the wave-like icon), it's based on Chromium now and so you can simply install the exact same extension from the Chrome Web Store that you were using in Chrome. As simple as that.

P.S. If you're not getting the same behavior double-check and make sure you installed the same extension in Edge that you were using in Chrome, and that you've configured it in the same way. I found extensions named StayFocusd, Stay Focused etc. in the Chrome Web Store, so pick the right one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos