How can I tell if I setup a Raid 1 correctly?

fileshark

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I setup 2 raid 1s using a Terra-Master D410 model. I made sure that the selector was set to Raid 1 for both Raids. Did the default reset, went into the computer management prog and saw 2 new hard drives (13-14). But I have 2 4TB drives for each Raid, when I first started the unit in computer management it showed me a 13,15 and 16 hard drives. So I went and did a another reset for both Raids. Now it just shows me 13 and 14, when I try to add a mirrored volume label for drive 13 it ask me if I would like to use drive 14 as the mirrored drive. But If I have set these up correctly the Raid should use the second HD in the Raid1. I have hooked all USB cables to the PC.

Using Dell XPS-8900 Windows 10 Pro - 16 GB Ram Intel i7-6700 3.4 GHz 64X system.

Any suggestions on what to do try or do?

Thanks In Advance

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with this particular NAS enclosure, but if you set up two separate RAID arrays, then the four drives should appear as two hard discs to your PC.

When you're using a device with a real hardware RAID controller, it won't report your individual hard discs to your operating system. Your particular RAID configuration is RAID 1, so it's mirroring one drive to the other. Since it's doing a direct copy, you wouldn't need to (or want to, really) see the two discs as separate volumes on your OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra