How can I unlock my Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm locked out of my phone with it currently telling me to "try again in 390,030 minutes" what can I do to unlock it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On Windows 10 Mobile there is a trick: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ing-wrong-device-password-too-many-times.html

For Windows Phone 8.1 and lower:

Sometimes this is a glitch.

Often times it is from too many invalid PIN attempts.

Regardless, the solution is the same. Hard Reset.

Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down

Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down

You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i did re-flash the phone....it does not work yet

Are you on 8.1 or 10?

You used WDRT and it is still saying wait for unlock?

That is not really possible. WDRT resets the phone to fresh out of the box and you have to do setup. There is no PIN for it to insist upon...

Any more details you can share, like how this happened, error messages from the WDRT, anything???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte