How can I upgrade my Lumia 820 to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How can I upgrade my Lumia 820 to windows 10

Forums seem to say install windows insider then installing a 'pre release' copy of windows 10. My phone can't seem to find the windows installer app - or perhaps there is another way of installing this?
This is all to get the BB8 app to work for my son's birthday present - so I am under pressure to get this working!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I upgrade my Lumia 820 to windows 10

Forums seem to say install windows insider then installing a 'pre release' copy of windows 10. My phone can't seem to find the windows installer app - or perhaps there is another way of installing this?
This is all to get the BB8 app to work for my son's birthday present - so I am under pressure to get this working!

your lumia and any lumia of x20 series isn't upgradeable to windows 10 mobile.
you could install windows insider app and take the benefit of testing preview builds .
sorry but tough luck :)

Smiggyy

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
x20 models are 'currently' not upgradeable to Windows 10 however I have an 820 running it perfectly on the current insider preview.
Think they may actually change the goalposts with this model as it has 1GB RAM and the hardware spec to run it quite smoothly as a daily driver.
No issues with 10 on it at all, in fact if anything I get a better battery life on 10 than I did on 8.1

benbg55

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I upgrade my Lumia 820 to windows 10

I do agree with all of your replies. WM10 is very smooth on the 820. It's very ***** from MS to not deploy the AU on the x20.

user33331

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
#Smiggyy or someone with 820 and insider windows 10...
-> Please upload your Windows 10 insider System Backup data so people can download the Windows 10 insider version...(I then transfer it to my phone via usb cable and computer)
  • Mine Insider program doesn't find any windows 10 !
Can I transfer the Windows 10 Operating system from for example Lumia 730 ? Anyone tried ? How to do it with PC ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb