How can I watch my Movies & TV Shows on other platforms?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have purchased many movies and tv shows on Xbox Video, now Movies & TV store. I want to have access to my movies on other platforms (Android, or iOS). How do I do it? I have talked to Microsoft and they weren't very helpful. I will be posting the same question on the android portion of mobile worlds but I was hoping I could get the answer here.

sevoman

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to know the answer to this.
As of now, I can only think of watching on any device running W10 (PC, Phone, xbox).
Much like movies bought on iTunes restricts viewing of said movies on ONLY Apple hardware and PC's running iTunes.
Other services such as VUDU, Amazon, Google Play... have apps for different platforms and it's probably better to purchase or have your future 'library' with one of those services as they are platform agnostic. Apple and MS seem to have the most restrictions on which device you can watch your purchases on. My choice is VUDU, picture quality and reliabitly is top notch and their selections are up to date and priced at or less than others. I DO like the MS Movies and TV app on my w10 desktop and would love to be able to buy movies there and watch them on my roku or ps4, but can't right now. Vudu is currently available for ALL devices, and will be coming to apple tv soon. You can even download the vudu purchases for watching offline on ALL platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers