How do I create my own typing shortcuts in Windows 10 please

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

What device you are using? Lenovo Yoga Laptop
What OS or Firmware is your device running on? Windows 10
What steps have you taken already to try to fix the issue? I have tried to find all over google if its still possible. I had no luck.
If the issues are with a certain app, what version of the app are you running? No idea
Are there any specific error messages you get? If so, what are they? This is not an error as such.

My question is the following: I recently installed Windows 10 and office 2016 because our company forced everyone to move to it. Prior to this if i was typing a word and it showed up as a wrong spelling i could choose an option to add it to a dictionary for future use. For example if I typed in syl it would show it up as an error with a wee red line under it as it does right here on this note. I could then right click that word and one of the options was to add it on a list (I cant remember what it was called, it may have been language options or something like that) so I added like this syl = see you later. then when i typed syl and pressed spacebar it would expand to see you later. I had built up a huge dictionary of shortcuts, ty=thank you, pp=Paul Mc, ttyl=talk to you later ....etc. etc. I also do it on my mobile and i can therefore type very long sentences by typing maybe 8 letters. Now i cannot figure out how to do this on this new laptop. Im not even sure if its a windows function or a word function.
can you help me out at all.
ty
pp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750