How do I get my Windows 7 PC to see my Lumia 920?

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a setting I need to enable? I've tried a couple of different USB ports. Nada. The phone shows it's charging, but it doesn't show up as a drive under Windows Explorer.

Similarly, I tried the "Windows Phone Preview App" from Microsoft and It just says "Connect Your Phone".

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Win 7 should recognize the phone as soon as it's connected and proceed to download drivers from Windows Update automatically.

Not sure if this is the same app you downloaded, but download this, install it, restart your phone, plug it in and see if that resolves the issue. Some folks are saying the driver is included in the software, others are saying the restart of the phone allowed the computer to recognize it.

Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, & Zune | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone (United States)

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is easy one. Keep your Lumia 920 plug in. Go to control panel and check for updates. You should see WIN Device as an update. Click install, after installed, you should see your phone as a device along side your Drive C: and DVD partition.

Is there a setting I need to enable? I've tried a couple of different USB ports. Nada. The phone shows it's charging, but it doesn't show up as a drive under Windows Explorer.

Similarly, I tried the "Windows Phone Preview App" from Microsoft and It just says "Connect Your Phone".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb