How do I install a Windows program on Windows phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Installing windows programs on windows phone

I am thinking about buying a windows phone, before I do finalize my decision, I would like to know if it is possible to run windows xp, or windows 7 programs on windows phone OS.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Installing windows programs on windows phone

I am thinking about buying a windows phone, before I do finalize my decision, I would like to know if it is possible to run windows xp, or windows 7 programs on windows phone OS.

No that's impossible! You see they are both different OSs , while after windows 10 update you can do that but only for the apps from the store (.exe files are probably not gonna work)

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

No that's impossible! You see they are both different OSs , while after windows 10 update you can do that but only for the apps from the store (.exe files are probably not gonna work)

Well, playing with a super-lag with CoD on a phone or waiting a month to render a cube on Cinema4D wouldn't be a great idea after all :p

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

You need to understand the difference between ARM and x86 CPUs and how the APIs are different between the Windows (desktop) and Windows(phone).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Everyone here is correct.

The underlying hardware makes running legacy programs impossible and/or impractical to implement.
Like how is can't run OSX apps.

Besides, Windows on a 5" display won't work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb