How do I reconnect outlook.com to Outlook 2016?

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just received an email from MS, headed:

Reconnect Outlook 2016/Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com to resume email access

On following the step-by-step instructions...no change whatsoever, and I get the same email again.

Receive emails to the desktop Outlook 2016. Receive emails to outlook.com on the web and mobile, but the web/mobile do not sync to the desktop Outlook 2016. Calendar & people are not syncing either so clearly the sync*in broken.

Anyone else having same issues? Anyone got a solution?

I presume it's because of the 'upgrade' to outlook.com over the past few days/weeks and the new service is hosted on a new server rather than on the 'old' eas.outlook.com.

Any solution?

BTW, just spent 90 minutes with an MS technician who couldn't find a solution (or just didn't understand the problem). Eventually they just gave up and disconnected the remote session!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I was getting the same thing. What I did (eventually) was just delete my outlook.com account via my desktop Office Outlook under Account Settings. I then just added a 'new' outlook.com account there ... it wasn't really 'new' -- same one I've always had. Went thru the process and it all worked. Everything is synced now. The 'new' account is now listed as a Microsoft Exchange (Type).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander