how do i turn off syncing of mine and my huabands phone message

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Mine and my husbands phone is on the same account but with different numbers But we get each others messages how can I make that stop?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need to use a different Microsoft Account for each phone (i.e. you need one account for you, another separate one for your husband).

The Microsoft Account is the main one you used to set the phone up originally.

W

Windows Central Question

how do i turn off sync between 2 windows phones

My husband and I have the same account but different numbers we get each others text messages and I want to turn it off

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Two users should never share the same account across two phones. As you've seen it will deliver SMS and MMS to both devices despite different numbers. The same Skype contacts and conversations, the same calendar, emails to/from Outlook, etc. It may cause issues around backup and restore. Any advantages are far outweighed by the hassles, loss of distinct data sets and unintended lack of privacy which this causes.

Whatever you two do want to share, such sharing can be had on an ad-hoc basis without resorting to sharing one account. If it is to share App purchase history, it still isn't worth it. FWIW, if you are in the US it is a simple matter to sign up for Bing Rewards and use your accumalating points to get gift codes and stuff your Microsoft Account full of credits. I almost never pay cash for an App on Mobile, PC or Tablet.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss